Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to upgrade galaxy tablet

(Topic created on: 15-09-2020 07:56 PM)
Celia7
Apprentice
Options

BBC  i-player won't operate on my Galaxy tablet SM- T560. I need to upgrade from Linux 4.4.4 (kitkat?) But my device says all updates are complete. 

Is there a way I can do something so my tablet can get BBC i-player?

Thanks

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
I don't think there is an official newer firmware for that tablet to update to, so the *upgrade* you really need is a newer tablet or try with custom Rom's if you're comfortable with flashing firmware etc.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Could you maybe just access BBC-I player through the browser instead of using the app?

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
asdms
First Poster
Options
can you help with me
0 Likes
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
I don't think there is an official newer firmware for that tablet to update to, so the *upgrade* you really need is a newer tablet or try with custom Rom's if you're comfortable with flashing firmware etc.
0 Likes
Celia7
Apprentice
Options

Thanks GuyIreland,

Far from being comfortable with flashing firmware and custom Roms, I wouldn't have a clue what they are! 

I think my best option is, as you suggest, a new tablet - or no BBC i-player.

Best wishes,

Celia

Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Could you maybe just access BBC-I player through the browser instead of using the app?
0 Likes
Celia7
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I think the BBC should make their offerings more readily available anyway. I only bought the tablet three years ago, so to my old-fashioned mind it's still 'new'!