Support

Open search

How to upgrade galaxy tablet

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

BBC  i-player won't operate on my Galaxy tablet SM- T560. I need to upgrade from Linux 4.4.4 (kitkat?) But my device says all updates are complete. 

Is there a way I can do something so my tablet can get BBC i-player?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I don't think there is an official newer firmware for that tablet to update to, so the *upgrade* you really need is a newer tablet or try with custom Rom's if you're comfortable with flashing firmware etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Could you maybe just access BBC-I player through the browser instead of using the app?

5 REPLIES 5
can you help with me
Highlighted
I don't think there is an official newer firmware for that tablet to update to, so the *upgrade* you really need is a newer tablet or try with custom Rom's if you're comfortable with flashing firmware etc.

Highlighted

Thanks GuyIreland,

Far from being comfortable with flashing firmware and custom Roms, I wouldn't have a clue what they are! 

I think my best option is, as you suggest, a new tablet - or no BBC i-player.

Best wishes,

Celia

Highlighted
Could you maybe just access BBC-I player through the browser instead of using the app?

Highlighted

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I think the BBC should make their offerings more readily available anyway. I only bought the tablet three years ago, so to my old-fashioned mind it's still 'new'! 

Top Liked Authors