Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to change from desktop mode permanently to tab mode on samsung galaxy a7 tablet

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 04:33 PM)
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung  galaxy  a7 2020 10.4 t500  tablet when I open a website  it always opens  in desktop  mode how can I change  this so that  it  will  always open in tablet  mode 

0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

Antikythera,thanks  for your  reply, I did exactly  as you said and now I,m able to use chrome in tab mode,Samsung  Internet  browser  app says it is now incompatible  with with my tablet,again many thanks  for  your solution. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
This one works https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.sbrowser&cId=000004211888

If it still says incompatible then you haven't updated your tablet. Open Settings, Biometrics and Security and apply both the Samsung and Google Updates in that section

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

Antikythera,thanks  for your  reply  and yes that one works fine thank  you, have a safe day.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Dermotk : If you're using the Samsung Internet app, tap the 3 lines in the bottom right and you should see the option for 'Tablet Site' here. You can also tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Useful Features > Open Links In Other Apps > On, to open sites in related apps. 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If in chrome, deselect the desktop site option under the 3 dots menu (you may need to scroll down the list).
0 Likes
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

AndrewL thanks for your reply, Samsung  Internet  app  is  not compatible  with  my  Samsung  galaxy  a7 2020 t500 10.4  tablet, I,m using Chrome Browser 

0 Likes
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

Joeeye I,m using chrome  as the Samsung  Internet  app  is  not compatible  with my Samsung  galaxy  a7 2020  t500 10.4  tablet, I am clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner but that is not a permanent  solution,thanks  for  your  reply. 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Samsung Internet app is compatible, it comes pre-installed and updates via the Galaxy App store. If you are struggling with Chrome, the best option is to clear the Chrome app cache and data. long hold the Chrome icon on the Home Screen and tap the info icon. Then tap storage and use the two icons at the bottom of the screen.
0 Likes
Solution
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

Antikythera,thanks  for your  reply, I did exactly  as you said and now I,m able to use chrome in tab mode,Samsung  Internet  browser  app says it is now incompatible  with with my tablet,again many thanks  for  your solution. 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I have the same Tablet, Samsung Internet still works and updates. There are two instances of it in the Galaxy Store though so try the other one
0 Likes
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
This one works https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.sbrowser&cId=000004211888

If it still says incompatible then you haven't updated your tablet. Open Settings, Biometrics and Security and apply both the Samsung and Google Updates in that section
0 Likes
Solution
Dermotk
Apprentice
Options

Antikythera,thanks  for your  reply  and yes that one works fine thank  you, have a safe day.

0 Likes