Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 01:54 PM)
JOYLORRAINE
Apprentice
Options

I have a galaxy s6 tab.. 10.5.

II don't want notifications on my locks teen so I  went to lockscreen settings and turned it off. 

Everytime I restart my tablet.. They're back again and when I go back to the setting.. It's turned off😭

Any help will be appreciated.. Is there something else I have to do to make the setting "stick"? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JOYLORRAINE
Apprentice
Options

I think I have it!!.. Not only did notifications on lockscreen have to be turned off.. But "shortcuts" also had to😉

Seems to have worked👍👏

Thanks for your help.. I'll certainly be back if it happens again😉

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How strange @JOYLORRAINE ! Are these notifications from any particular app or for all of them? 

0 Likes
JOYLORRAINE
Apprentice
Options

Actually I didn't notice, but I only get notifications from a few like.. Email.. Messenger and maybe FB... Very annoying as I really don't want them on lockscreen😏

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JOYLORRAINE: If notifications are disabled in Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > Toggle the switch to the left so it greys out, then please head to Settings > Apps > Select one of the apps you're having trouble with e.g. Email > Notifications > Lock Screen > Do Not Show Notifications. Assign this to General Notifications and New Messages where applicable, and hopefully this will resolve your issue. 

0 Likes
Solution
JOYLORRAINE
Apprentice
Options

I think I have it!!.. Not only did notifications on lockscreen have to be turned off.. But "shortcuts" also had to😉

Seems to have worked👍👏

Thanks for your help.. I'll certainly be back if it happens again😉

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JOYLORRAINE: Ah, that's great to hear! I hope this resolves the issue for you, but if not then please don't hesitate to get back in touch. Until then, take care, and stay safe. 

0 Likes