Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR10+ Playback on Tab S8 Ultra 5G?

(Topic created on: 25-06-2023 05:59 AM)
southerner
Journeyman
Options
Best I can get the tablet to stream or play back video in is 1080p.

Screen resolution / HDR check apps say 4k and HDR/HDR10+ are supported. This doesn't seem to be the case though? Seems rather disappointing for the top of the range S series tablet. My old Tab S6 Lite played 1080p.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@southerner: This can often be a limitation of the content itself. Have you tried heading to a YouTube, and searching specifically for 4K content, then checking the resolution in the playback settings to see if its set to 'Auto', or manually setting it to the highest available resolution? 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Exactly if you use media that's in 1080p format, that's all you are going to see.
southerner
Journeyman
Options
This is if I try to stream content from Prime video that is marked 4k HDR10+ The Tab S8 Ultra just streams it as 1080p. My TV streams the same content as 4k HDR (my TV is on the Dolby Vision side of HDR (eg. Netflix/Apple TV 4k Dolby Vision) and so only plays HDR10+ content as HDR)
southerner
Journeyman
Options
I can use Advanced settings to change mode to 2160p/4k HDR on YT videos tagged as this but anything also tagged HDR10+ I only get the option of 2160p HDR but not HDR10+
Amazon, Netflix, Disney+ seem to limit the tablet to 1080p/Full HD sometimes with HDR. On my TV the same content streams in 4k with either Dolby Vision or HDR.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, I misunderstood.
0 Likes