Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Play store can't update app

(Topic created on: 15-01-2018 10:24 AM)
mungodaisy
Student
Options

I have a  TAB A (2016)  since Christmas to which I added a few apps from the Play Store.

I have  updated Android twice (once from 6 to 7 and then today an update to 7).

There are new updates to some apps, but it keeps failing when doing the updates. Updates previously worked OK and three have worked today.

Can you advise what the problem might be?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Im using the Samsung Galaxy Tab a6 10.1 which had Android 7 on it out of the box. 

If this was me id try clearing the Apps Cache and Data and try and update and or uninstall the affected apps and try re downloading them. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
mungodaisy
Student
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't help.

After searching around several different forums, I solved the problem.

It was the DNS. I changed to Google's DNs (8.8.8.8) and problem solved!! Premiously I used Comodo's and clearly some incompatibility...

chrisbarett
First Poster
Options

Maybe you have a problem with google play service and you need to clear the cache and reinstall google root folders. I recently came across the fact that the paid application that I downloaded was incompatible with my device and it was very disappointing since I paid 5 bucks. After I decided that I won’t spend money on applications or music. In case I really need to buy something, I complete the tasks according to the instructions that I found on yourmoneygeek.com and get free bonuses from Google. So you can also use this.

0 Likes