Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 01:18 PM)
Members_bRG1wNB
Apprentice
Options

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra for a little under 1 week. I absolutely love it apart from one problem that is totally ruining my experience to the point that I am about to return it. It relates to the screen. When watching video with fast moving objects this screen cannot cope. Even wide panning shots suffer the same fate. It's hard to describe but the fast moving object{s} stutter / jitter / blur ie they aren't smooth. It makes your eyes feel dizzy and it gives you a bad head. I have had my family take a look and they all agree (my partner said it was like motion sickness) and it's not just one video / video source (YouTube, Netflix etc). 

My OnePlus 9 Pro has a setting called "video motion enhancement" which helps smooth things out. Even without this setting fast moving videos look nowhere near as bad as they do on the Tab S8 Ultra however enabling this setting makes a world of difference. I have Googled this problem and not one official review or comment has raised this issue. I am wondering if it is a problem with this specific tablet (IE manufacturing fault etc). I have fiddled with the refresh rates and this has absolutely zero impact. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Thanks 👍

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've the Tab S7+ and it's super smooth when watching any video.
I'd suggest first a factory reset then give it another go. If the problem isn't sorted by doing that. I wouldn't hesitate in taking it to a Samsung service centre.
0 Likes
LeighJamie
Explorer
Options
Perhaps you could create and send an error report as soon as you notice this occurring.

Samsung Members app - Support - Error report. https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-report-on-samsung-members-a...
0 Likes
Members_bRG1wNB
Apprentice
Options

Its a constant problem when it comes to video playback. As in there is no specific video event that causes this problem. If the clip involves movement we have a problem. I am currently trying a factory reset as suggested by Bigtasty65 so I hope this resolves the issue 🤣

0 Likes
Members_bRG1wNB
Apprentice
Options

{Factory Reset didn't fix it. I've done the error report. It's going back to Sky and I'm going to "stick" with Apple and upgrade my current iPad Pro ... Probably not the best thing to admit on a Samsung support page 😜}

0 Likes
Members_bRG1wNB
Apprentice
Options

Hi mate. I gave it a try lastnight but it hasn't fixed it ☹️

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_bRG1wNB: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your experience with the Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. For clarity did you try heading to Settings > Display > Motion smoothness > High > Back > Screen mode > Natural. Furthermore, have you tried checking the display settings of the individual streaming apps to see if you're able to increase the quality of the videos to match the capabilities of the tablet? 

Members_LQvMV5N
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue here with the Galaxy Tab S8 plus: faster video movements on all apps are not smooth! 

Annoying when watching netflix : nothing of the faster video is smooth : it is so disappointing. Even when putting the settings on natural and motion smoothness on high. Its like watching football on a cheap motel TV : The ball flies and leaves a stuttering trace behind.

Have they downplayed the quality of this tablet ?

This needs to be solved or I return this tablet. This is like going back 6 years in time...

0 Likes