Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite touchscreen unresponsive

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 07:09 PM)
Nickydwuk
First Poster
Options

Suddenly the screen ion my S6 Lite is not responding to touch. I cannot swipe the screen to unlock nor can I touch power down to turn it off. I have read a few posts about rebooting the tablet but they all need you to be able to access the tablet. I have only had it 2 months. Is there anything I can do to at least try to reboot it?

39 REPLIES 39
Members_OwgVeN0
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on galaxy tab s6 regular. The strange things is one: when the screen in off, the double tap to wake or onetap for fingerprint work; when the screen is on, fingerprint and touch with finger stop to work. I think so is not an hardware issues but a very big bug

0 Likes
kyh802
Student
Options

I've been having the same issues for ages too. It's so frustating. Samsung wouldn't do anything about it. Just told me to reset it, and that didn't work.

0 Likes
SmartKitty
First Poster
Options

This may not have helped them, but it definitely helped me. Removing my case I bought at Walmart instantly fixed my problem. Thank you!

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Hold the Power/Bixby and Volume Down buttons to turn off your phone. Press and hold the Power/Bixby and Volume Down buttons until you see the Android logo. Release both buttons once the Android logo pops up. The Recovery screen menu will now appear.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Scifantasy1017
First Poster
Options

Found a solution to this.  This happened to me once before and I ended up performing a factory reset, which at the time fixed the issue.

It happened again a couple of months later, but the factory reset did not work..... I ended up possibly finding a solution.  If you have an SD card, remove it.  As soon as I removed it and rebooted, my touch started working again.  So frustrated, but at least it works now.

0 Likes
Scifantasy1017
First Poster
Options

This has happened twice to me.... The first time I ended up performing a factory reset and this seemed to fix the problem.  Just last week it happened again, screen unresponsive to touch but works with SPen... Factory reset did not work.  I ended up taking my SD out of the tablet and this worked!  I also use a Samsung SSD external drive, just a few minutes ago my touchscreen stopped responding, but after I unmounted and removed the drive, rebooted, my touchscreen started working again...

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

How to Fix an Unresponsive Phone or Tablet Touch Screen
Restart your device. 
Clean the screen.
Make sure your phone or tablet is completely dry.
Remove the SIM card and all connected accessories.
Activate safe mode

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Hold the Power/Bixby and Volume Down buttons to turn off your phone. Press and hold the Power/Bixby and Volume Down buttons until you see the Android logo. Release both buttons once the Android logo pops up. The Recovery screen menu will now appear.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
313trestrece
First Poster
Options

omg is the freaking case!!! i was so upset this morning!! thank you!!

0 Likes
maurorfreitas
First Poster
Options

I have been struggling with this bug for a long time. TRIED EVERYTHING! And each trial resulted in a temporary solution.. but in a few hours or days the bug activated again. Removed the cover, the SD card, many hard resets and cache cleaning. Unhpefull.... If somebody have any good news about I please let me know 

0 Likes