Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite not connecting to TV (via USB C - HDMI)

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 08:45 PM)
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Bought a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and tried connecting to my Samsung TV (using the USB Type C to HDMi adapter) but it is not picking up signal.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any idea how to get this to work please?

Thanks,

Tony 

Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Sorry my friend, it's not going to work. 

The tab 6 will not put out a signal via a physical connection. The only way you can connect is via a screen mirroring app on the same network. 

Timnronda
Apprentice
Options

Well put. Thank you for expressing my exact concerns so lucidly. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you. 

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Tony - read this thread... 

There is nothing wrong w/your tablet, it doesn't support a physical connection. There is NO way around it, do not waste $$ on any cables or other devices.. 
I ended up getting a iPad, because I had to have the option of a physical connection .. Samsung's Tab A and Tab 6 DO NOT offer that. 

Doc. 

Dereku
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

So as DrFeelGood has said, there is no way the SAmsung Galaxy TAB S6 lite can connect to the TV/Monitor via usb - c connection.  Samsung Dex is not included in it currently.  I have managed to get it working via screen mirroring via wifi after much adjustments and use of Google Chromecast.  A bit of work to set up.  Hopefully Samsung can put it back in the upgrades as it is and inconvenience.

grantls
Journeyman
Options

Sorry Derek, this cannot be put back in via a software upgrade.  To mirror your screen via a cable (USB-C to HDMI) you need MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) factory fitted at the hardware layer.  My old Samsung S8 has MHL but my new A71 does not. This is one of the differences between the £800 S20 and the £400 A71.

DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

I wonder as far as price difference at production level goes, how much more would it have been to have included MHL in the design of the tablet. $1, $2, $3... lets be realistic, we all know that it would have cost Samsung a small, tiny fraction of a drop in the bucket, not even the whole drop, just a fraction of it, to have included MHL in the design. 

For this, I, and I'm certain thousands of people who don't care for apple products, had to get apple. I ended up spending $400 on the least expensive apple tablet that had 128 gigs of memory so that I could establish the physical link. The cheaper apple was only 64 gig.  

You see in my case, this was a purchase for an elderly person for whom being able to simply plug in a cable was the only option. And companies don't consider this kind of stuff....

Anyways.... good luck to all :smiling-face: 

Dereku
Apprentice
Options

@DrFeelGood @grantls Great point Doc, same here wanted to purchase a tablet for the elderly to use and simply plug into the TV which is not a smart TV to watch shows and video chat etc.

I get the whole move to wireless technology and such, but as with a lot of things, newer isn't necessarily better.  And you are correct, I am sure the cost of having the capability would have been minimal.

Lessons learnt I guess

Jirawat_I
First Poster
Options

some people use ChromeCast or AnyCast to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Lorne1525
First Poster
Options

I just purchased an s6lite.  Tomorrow I will be returning it.  This is garbage...now I have to buy an iPad.  😞

0 Likes
Baboo2463
First Poster
Options

The tab s6 lite is the only tablet in the lineup to have usb 2.0 despite being a usb C connector. So it doesn't support video output since it doesn't have the data capabilitues. Any other tablet from the Tab S lineup does have usb 3.0 or better

No I don't work for samsung, just a knowledgeable nerd

0 Likes