Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite not connecting to TV (via USB C - HDMI)

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 12:12 PM)
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Bought a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and tried connecting to my Samsung TV (using the USB Type C to HDMi adapter) but it is not picking up signal.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any idea how to get this to work please?

Thanks,

Tony 

43 REPLIES 43
Vinay
First Poster
Options

Best workaround  I found to use Chrome cast device  , which works perfect for connect Samsung S6 lite  to be used on TV or Projector with Hdmi input  , also use smart sharing option on , in case standard chromcast icon fails to work

0 Likes
Solution
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

Thanks ALL. 

I finally bought a "Google Chromecast TV" device and it works brilliantly with my TV. I wish I had not bought the Samsung S6 Lite (inaddition to the restriction put in by Samsung its battery life is pathetic). 

Regards,

Tony

Adfur
First Poster
Options

I bought an OTG cable,  USB female to USB-c.  Put a cardreader into the USB female and it works. Can now backup my pictures from a SD card. A cable with OTG support is essential, other cables won't work!!!!

0 Likes
AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

It is possible to mirror DeX to an external display on the S6 Lite following the One UI update and a different dongle.

20210406_083602.jpg

0 Likes
AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

S6 Lite gets DeX in the latest OneUI update but no wireless DeX.

You can mirror DeX to an external display using a different dongle, however.

20210406_083602.jpg

0 Likes
SammyUKS20PlusUser
First Poster
Options

Hey @allaboutsmartph

I am wondering what Different Dongle are you using?

I can cast my s6Lite to my Samsung TV but all my USB C to HDMI does not work, which is something everyone is talking about here. 

So i am wondering what dongle are you using please? 🙂

thank you

SB

Beauty comes from the inside
0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Hi @Alla boutsmartph

This is not about the dongle, this is about the fact that you can not use any dongle or cable at all. You can cast, which is what you are doing, but if you have an older TV/Monitor that doesn't have Casting capabilities, then you can't use the tablet on the big screen. 
You're good to go, you have casting capabilities, but people who happened to have an older TV, that is in excellent shape and is a great TV and they see no reason to get rid of it, can't connect their new shiny tablet to it using a Physical Connection such as a cable. That is the conversation here. 

I hope this clarifies it :smiling-face: 

Stay beautiful 

AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options

You are incorrect - this is a wired connection, NOT wireless casting I am using. 

I am using a dongle here but not the conventional USB-C type that supports HDMI/DP over USB-C which this tablet does not support.

Therefore, this arrangement is perfectly usable with older TV with HDMI but no wireless display/miracast capability  as well as newer TV.

0 Likes
Members_IFWfIvT
First Poster
Options

@AllAboutSmartph can you please be specific about what dongle is it? Brand, model, link and if it was an easy process or you had to do any workaround. 

Cheers,

Rui

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

You can't just say "you're incorrect" and not provide any data.

Both IFWflvt and Myself, and I bet many others are wondering what your solution is.  Let us know, let the community know what your workaround is :smiling-face: