Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy tab s6 lite 2022 proximity sensor

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 05:53 PM)
Members_6Ve8Bts
First Poster
Options

Hello there

Right after buying this tablet I also got a folding cover. I right away noticed the screen not turning off when folding close the tablet or turning on when unfolding it. i tried to deactivate and activate all the "book cover" setting, to restart, update and all sort of thing but nothing worked. I also tried to download some sensor testing app from the store, all of them say the tablet does not have a proximity sensor, same for the sensor test inside the samsung support app. On the internet i can clearly see the tablet comes equipped with a proximity sensor.

So my question is, does the tab s6 lite come equipped with a proximity sensor? If not, why the book cover doesn't work even if the auto screen on and off is active on setting?

Thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you get Samsung book cover? As some third party don't work properly
0 Likes
Members_6Ve8Bts
First Poster
Options

yes, genuine one. Do you have the same tablet? can you check for this proximity sensor?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am afraid I don't have same tablet but all Samsung are similar enough. Usually the covers are detected when closed.

I have had multiple Samsung tabs and all have worked fine.

I believe the covers use the magnet on the case to detect it is closed
0 Likes
Members_6Ve8Bts
First Poster
Options

in that case the cover has nothing to do with a possible proximity sensor if the magnet is detected. I really don't know what to do

0 Likes