Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S5e not using correct the correct physical keyboard layout

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 04:36 PM)
Marlon-Kirkham
Journeyman
Options

Hello, has anyone had this issue at all please? I am connecting a Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard to my S5e tablet but the tablet refuses to use the correct keyboard layout!! So when I try to use the keyboard and type an email address using the English UK Qwerty settings of the physical keyboard on my tablet, this happens:

mickey.mouse"disney.com the @ sign doesn't work! I have to use the number 2 button to make it work. Equally, if I try to put something into quotes like @Hickory dickory dock@ it uses the incorrect button again!! Very frustrating.

Now, before anyone thinks to themselves, that's such a simple fix, please read on.

I have tried everything and been researching this issue for the past 48 hours! I've tried contacting logitech to get support, I have read the manuals online, I have tried every normal solution to check the physical keyboard settings, the correct language settings, I have tried in dex mode, I have restarted the tablet, I have reset the keyboard, I have tried all of the key combinations to switch languages etc. etc. to no avail! The tablet just doesn't accept the use of the correct keyboard layout.

Now for the best bit.

I connected the same keyboard to my Galaxy A70 mobile phone, running exactly the the same Android 11 operating system and the same One UI version 3.1 and cross checked every single setting between the phone and the tablet and guess what? IT WORKS ON THE PHONE!!!

This clearly indicates that the keyboard is absolutely fine and is working exactly as it should on an Android device however, the Samsung Galaxy S5e does not accept those settings!!

Before I contact Samsung directly to find out what the h*ll is going on, does anyone have a similar or same issue between their devices? or a Samsung tablet that just won't use the correct physical keyboard settings?

Thank you

Marlon

P.S - I have approximately 20 years IT troubleshooting and support experience. I think that's why this is driving me a bit crazy.... I've tried so many things to resolve it without success...

11 REPLIES 11
Marlon-Kirkham
Journeyman
Options

No, unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I tried setting everything to US language and then reverted back to UK and still the same issue exists the @ sign is on the number 2 and the " sign is on the @ key to the right of the keyboard. Such a nuisance. The bizarre thing is that when I use any other profile on the tablet, the keyboard layout is perfect and as it should be! It's just when I use my profile, the main administrator profile, that the issue occurs. I've even created a brand new test profile and the keyboard is fine. So the issue is specifically to do with my profile but after trying everything It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Very frustrating 😕 

0 Likes
RickyMoo
Student
Options
I am having this exact same issue, both with a Logitech k780 and an Rii keyboard. The Rii keyboard has been okay for a week and suddenly my Samsung tablet is recognising a " as an @ and vise versa. So annoying!
0 Likes