Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A8 SM-T290 Download Apps to SD Card

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 07:54 PM)
Alfonz-77
Apprentice
Options
Dear Community Please help..  my Tablet's internal memory is almost full. I tried to move apps on to my new 128GB SD card but I could not does anyone know how I can do this on my tablet  PLUS  set it up so all future apps install direct to the SD card. I know these 2 things can be done but I just don't know how. If you can help I would be grateful.. Many thanks. Al
11 REPLIES 11
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, sadly they cannot be done on Samsung Tablets. There's some kind of enforced policy causing this restriction. Even if you try forcing the use of external media in Developer Settings it still won't work. So the only option is to be more choosy what you leave installed. Tried on my new Tab A7 and came up against this brick wall too
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @Alfonz-77@antikythera is correct, you won't be able to store apps on your SD card. However, you can still use your SD card to store photos/videos and other files on your Tab. If you need further guidance on how to do so, this link will be useful: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/using-an-sd-card/

Many of the steps for phones and Tabs are the same. Hope this helps. 🙂 

0 Likes
Alfonz-77
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
Alfonz-77
Apprentice
Options
Hello Steph . I know this can't be done as an option on the tablet but I have seen people on YouTube getting around this block and making Apps install direct on to SD card..
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Ahh, I see. We wouldn't be able to advise anything other than what the official software has available, just to ensure the safety of your Tab. 🙂

G_erm
Pathfinder
Options
If you have space on your sd card transfer some apps or anything else. Still not enough? Go to device care to see what is taking up your space then go to Google files and delete someone pictures. Again not enough? Go to apps and delete cache
0 Likes
G_erm
Pathfinder
Options
You can clear cache and visit device care and Google files
0 Likes
G_erm
Pathfinder
Options
At least it will clear some unnecessary files
0 Likes
Members_ZkWbzGg
First Poster
Options

The last time i bought  sh** samsung devices.

Im sorry i bought  tab a8 2022 for use it. 32g int storage with half only system. I try install just 1 game "diablo imortal" and not able as install game is ok but have to download huge files for run game and faced issue cannot do as no space. Cant even save anything to it. Cant even free up spaces as "fresh system" so do let me ask the question  why selling something if user cant use it ? U must advice not able to install games as no way to manage space. Absolutely  disappointing that. Never ever buying samsung  anymore.