Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A split screen

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 01:02 PM)
pauljames
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone point me to a Tab A user manual that does not start half way through.

More specifically I cant use split screens. I've found a few instructions none of which work

“tap the recents button” I don't have a recents button – how do I get it?

“hold the icon for 3 seconds” Does not work

“right swipe when in the recent apps screen” Nothing happens

“tap the icon to get a split screen menu” No way of tapping anything gets me a split screen menu.

Any other ideas which actually work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
it depends what app you are trying to open in split screen, some do not have the split screen functionality, for example look at these screen shots, samsung members app doesn't give the option to open in split screen, but settings doesScreenshot_20201018-154635_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201018-154644_One UI Home.jpg

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Which Tab A model do you have and what android version is it running?
0 Likes
pauljames
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Model :SM-T510

Android version  10

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you using navigation buttons or gestures?Screenshot_20201018-133400_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pauljames: Further to the advice offered by @Ksmy89, please ensure that you have Navigation Buttons selected, then tap the 3 vertical lines in the bottom left of the screen to access your Recent Apps menu. Press and hold on the app icon above the preview window of the app that you'd like to open in split screen > Open in Split Screen View. Once complete, the next app that you open will open automatically in split screen. 

0 Likes
pauljames
Journeyman
Options

I've tried this.  Nothing happens when I hold the app icon

0 Likes
pauljames
Journeyman
Options

None of this works. I have tried tapping and holding every part of every screen that appears. Nothing you descibe happens

0 Likes
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
it depends what app you are trying to open in split screen, some do not have the split screen functionality, for example look at these screen shots, samsung members app doesn't give the option to open in split screen, but settings doesScreenshot_20201018-154635_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20201018-154644_One UI Home.jpg
pauljames
Journeyman
Options

Thanks ksmy89 for your help and time. Thats the answer. Most of the apps I was trying do not have the option.