Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Tab S5

(Topic created on: 13-01-2019 10:32 AM)
Wellwisher
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung if u looking to this post then I have Request... I like samsung products and above all the Tab S Series...but I can see everytime new S series tab release its just not worthy ... I mean why using old processor when u can use new one that's already launched .. Why S835 when 845 was available??

I need changes in future Tab S5

1. Upcoming Snapdragon 855 (8150) skip the 845.... Don't play it dirty

2. Update those useless cameras... C'mon its high time 

3. 4gb Ram seriously?  Beast like Tab atleast need 8Gb which I think too much for you so we'll settle to 6Gb

4. Which Part of fast charging does samsung does not understand? 18W in 2018...even oppo & Huawei invest in smart and fast charging technology .. Look @ them 50W & 40W respectively.

5. Bigger screen Not Bigger Bezels (Hint :- Ipad Pro 11)

6. I m hoping u'll introduce One UI (Android 9.0) with new Tab too

7. S-Pen is good no changes needed unless u want to make it charge wirelessly... New tech always welcome.

8. UFS 3.0 

C'mon listen to ur customers....they  really need a overall change is Tab S5

31 REPLIES 31
Detroix
Explorer
Options

I have to second that too though I do not think Samsung will listen to requests here...

I have a note 10.1 2014 which is a really good hardware and life extended thanks to custom rom. I also have a tab s3 and have been using that till I saw the large yet slim iPad Pro 12.9 and so I am using this one now. The huge screen with thin bezel is really good for screen estate and productivity. Tab s4 is just way too small in comparison.

However, iOS is just too limited. I still love how I can do so much more stuff on tab s3 and tab s4. So many things that I can do on Android has to be done in multiple steps in both iOS and might I say even windows because windows has really bad touch UI/UX and power issues. I have used the surface pro for a few weeks before dumping it in my cupboard and never touching it ever since.

Yes we need snapdragon 855.

Camera is a good to have requirement

Speakers need to be as good as iPad’s. Ipad’s Audio is sublime. I can watch movies off it directly.

Ram should not be a bottleneck for power users

Do not take away sd card.

Fast charging is good

Definitely a larger screen with thinner bezels 

UI can be settled with launchers

S pen is darn good. I care more about having an eraser than having some Bluetooth gimmick. In fact I bought the HP Zbook pen to use with the tab s3 and 4 because of the eraser - albeit it is too hard and plasticky. There needs to be more ‘rubberized’ nib replacements though. I am using the Apple pen and I still prefer the s pen.

Please Samsung. You have fans who are awaiting for your next awesome tablet because other manufacturers are not meeting our expectations.

ERsInMicAN
First Poster
Options

I have to echo these statements.  I don't really understand why Android tablets have to be so crappy.  I'm guessing that it's the 'Amazon Effect'.  They sell their tablets at really low prices since they're vehicles to drive sales via Amazon.  Which is great, but is appears to have brought down the entire Android tablet ecosystem as a result.

It stinks that Apple's iPad doesn't really have a competitor.  I want a 'good' tablet badly, and will pay for it.  But I don't see the point in paying ~500 for a tablet that always has last year's processor and last year's android version.  Just make a premium tablet.  And charge accordingly for it.  Some of us want that (and nothing else).   Because if my tablet is going to lag behind my phone, I'll just use the dang phone.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi Guys.

As far as I'm aware Samsung do reply upon and appreciate feedback from customers.

I've seen features reintroduced after feedback from customers.

The Community Forum has a dedicated Feedback thread located at > eu.community.samsung/Community-Feedback.

I've seen replies from the Samsung Community Team advising they send this feedback to the relevant departments.

I agree as Technology moves on it's imperative for Samsung to keep its devices up to date and customers happy to compete with the competition.  :winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DIgikar99
First Poster
Options

I currently own the first generation 8.4" Tab S. It was my first "flagship" device - convinced my to buy a flagship laptop. Its 2019, and Tab S is still snappy: and I'm running it at <1.3GHz, to avoid overheating and save battery. I was looking forward to upgrade to S4, since I'd very much appreciate a stylus and a large screen: the only thing that prevented me from the upgrade is the 4GB ram. Come on! Even smartphones are having 8G ram now.

I appreciate the S4: UFS 2.1 storage with USB 3.0 (that's about 5-10x faster than Tab S), long battery life and DEX mode. The rest I'll take for granted. I recently switched the browser on my Tab S from Firefox to Brave - that convinced me that software optimizations matter. Tab S seems good enough to last until 2022 perhaps!

What I'm looking forward to in Tab S5:

• long battery life, and no overheating: 10 hour reading battery;
  • stylus support;
  • good palm rejection capability, if the bezels are thin;
  • 2 USB-C 3.0 ports - hey, it's a device for prosumers;
  • metallic back for good grip (this is one minus for S4);
  • optionally, UFS 3.0 storage; and at least UFS 2.1 storage; in the latter case, provide good read-write speeds on external micro-sd cards.
  • 6GB ram; I think ram depends on screen estate: a 6GB ram for 10.5" variant, and a 8GB for 12", if one is made. We already have fast UFS 2.1 and 3.0 storages: so more RAM may not be needed, except while serious multitasking as a laptop replacement.

What an ideal tablet could be like:

• Strikes a fine balance between screen and weight: I'd love to be able to hold a 12" tablet in one hand, like a piece of paper! 
  • a foldable tablet: a 7" triple folded device that expands to a 12" device - okay, that's too much for S5 - may be S7.

On another note, please put a better processor in Tab A series: 600 series, instead of the 400 series.

Omnikam
First Poster
Options

I bought the original  Tab S 10.5 and only just upgraded to the Tab S 4 and in part I'm happy but it has issues that id like to point out in hopes that the Tab S 5 won't suffer from them 

1. IR blaster missing,  it was on the original and I use it constantly, please bring it back 

2. NFC missing. This tablet replaces my phone completely,  so NFC should be standard not optional 

3. Top of the line cpu for each tablet, not  last year's 

4. The S pen needs a home. The Note series are great because of the internal storing of it's S Pen, the Tab S 4 has nothing and even the $100 case has no holder , not acceptable 

That's all I can think of as far as basic changes that will bring the Tab S 5 into my best tablet catagory 

fakim59
First Poster
Options

I am also hoping for a 120 Hz refresh rate juist like the ipad pro.

DanD87
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure why you want wireless charging on the S-Pen for the sake of it?

It however does lack several features that Apple provide with their pencil.

Such as finer control over pencil lines / brush strokes by tilting the pencil, changing the pen type / brush type with a tap of the pencil.

I also think that implementation of unlocking your tablet via the S-Pen could be introduced, through fingerprint would be fantastic! (fingerprint readers are getting smaller and could be introduced into the S-Pen now!)

Detroix
Explorer
Options

@DanD87 wrote:

I'm not sure why you want wireless charging on the S-Pen for the sake of it?

It however does lack several features that Apple provide with their pencil.

Such as finer control over pencil lines / brush strokes by tilting the pencil, changing the pen type / brush type with a tap of the pencil.

I also think that implementation of unlocking your tablet via the S-Pen could be introduced, through fingerprint would be fantastic! (fingerprint readers are getting smaller and could be introduced into the S-Pen now!)

Have to consider the power consumption. EMR tech is charging s pen while u are near the screen so that is why there is no need for battery .

DanD87
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure what you mean?

How can you charge something without a battery?

The S-Pen isn't powered in any way, however the suggestions I wrote above may require a powered S-Pen in the future.