Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset of Samsung Tab A asks Google email address + password: we forgot those!

(Topic created on: Sunday)
draikin321
First Poster
Options
After my daughter got a smartphone her Samsung Tab A tablet has been sitting in a drawer for two years. I just bought a Wacom drawing tablet and she wants to use it with her tablet. But she doesn't remember the PIN of the Tab A tablet, so we tried to factory reset it, however she doesn't remember what Google account she used on that tablet (or the associated password). Recovery of the google/gmail account is impossible, we tried everything.

What can we do? I bought that tablet brand new so surely there's a way we can still use it right? 
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome to the Samsung UK and EU Community Forum

I'm sorry to hear of your issues.

The features you are referring to are security features to protect your device if stolen / lost.

If you know the Gmail email address used, you could potentially reset the password but I'm suspecting you've tried this.

So your next option is to contact Samsung Customer Services to see if they can support you. You'll need to be able to prove ownership and I'm afraid the journey may be "difficult" as Samsung are not well known for great customer service.
S24 Ultra
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.

Depending on your daughter's age, do you remember whether you had a family link set up?

You could try any of her old Gmail emails.

If you forgot the password for it you could open the email in a browser and hit reset password and if you had set a two factor authentication it may give option to sent a recovery link to either a connect email or phone number.

Best of luck.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
draikin321
First Poster
Options

Thank you, I'll contact them. Is there a way to do so online?

(@GoanGeek: I tried everything on the Google side)

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why are people afraid of the phone these days?

You message online, you get a response which raises more questions, so you message back and go round in a loop.

With most companies, one phone call and it is done. 👍
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
draikin321
First Poster
Options

Some people don't like it for a variety of reason, for example very often you have to wait quite a bit on the phone before speaking to someone. Anyway can I contact Samsung customer service online or is phone the only way to contact them?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @draikin321 ,

Link for contact details is here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ (Follow the steps for 'Technical product support > Mobile Devices > Tablets' to get to the available options. For online there's Live Chat as well as Facebook and X/Twitter.)

In this instance, you'd need a valid Proof of Purchase to prove ownership, and to get that and the device to an authorised Samsung Service Centre. You can do that via contacting Support above, or by https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ ; and follow the steps for 'Mobile Devices > Tablets > [select your model] etc.' if you'd like to book a repair. 

0 Likes