Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Facebook app issues

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 11:10 AM)
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

When using "Marketplace" on Facebook App the posts for things for sale are cut off at the sides by grey bars running down the sides of the screen preventing the post from being read in full. Any advice out there? 

Also when trying to tag a freind in a comment on Facebook the pop up of the friend which you click on to include them is partly hidden by the keyboard making it impossible to select it. Again please advise if there is a way to cure this

53 REPLIES 53
AndrewL
Options
@Harv63: Please can you confirm the model number of your tablet? Are you using the Facebook app, or accessing the site via an internet browser? If you turn the tablet on it's side to enter landscape mode, does the issue persist?
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

Its a brand new Tab A SMT510. I'm using the Facebook App. If I am viewing Facebook in landscape mode, as soon as I select " Marketplace" the screen automatically goes into portrait mode and it wont display landscape until I leave marketplace. 

0 Likes
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

Also the issue of it cutting off the sides of the advert only occurs when you select one specific item to look at in detail. If looking at all items, they are OK and fit the screen as I would expect

AndrewL
Options
@Harv63: It may be the case that Facebook Marketplace is locked to portrait view. Have you checked the in-app settings to see if there are any options relating to screen rotation? The grey bars may be an aspect ratio issue, as the app is likely to be optimised for use with Android phones, although I recommend checking for any available updates to see this has been addressed by the developers: Google Play Store > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > My Apps and Games > Installed > Facebook.
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

Will experiment with that.  The second issue also  occurs in portrait mode and landscape. When you attempt to tag so someone in a reply or comment  the pop up box with their profile pic which you click on to tag them to your comment is hidden by the keyboard so you can't select it. Any thoughts regarding that? At the moment I need to use the floating keyboard  to get round the issue.

0 Likes
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

Done a lot of work on this. There is definitely an incompatibility between Facebook App and the tablet. Use the app and both my issues are present, access Facebook through Chrome directly and there are no issues. I've deleted Facebook app. Shame Facebook and Samsung, two of the main players in this technology cant get it right. 

Rocket08
Student
Options

I have the same issue with Marketplace inside the Facebook app regarding the edges being cutoff and the ad not being centred. I'm using a Galaxy Tab A6 (2016) SM-T580. Have reported the issue several times to Facebook and it got fixed once but when the next update came, then it didn't work again. Is anyone on this site able to push this issue further with Facebook please?

0 Likes
Slaids
First Poster
Options

Same issue on my Galaxy TabS6. Font and screen size does not solve the problem.

Homestead
Apprentice
Options

I'm using a 10" Galaxy Tab A T580 and this gray border issue started 2 days ago (June 18, 2020). It is super annoying.

If my math is correct on my 10" screen I have 46.75 square inches of workspace (not totally precise down to the smallest fraction). In the vertical (portrait) position the borders are 0.75" wide x 8.5" long.

So for two borders that's 0.75"W x 8.5"L x 2 = 12.75 sq. inch. that is not available.

The total screen real estate that's available and used by everything else on the 10" tablet is 45.05 sq. inches.

So take away the 12.75 sq.in from the 45.05 sq. in. and that leaves 32.3 sq.in. So Facebook makes me lose 7.7%. If I did the math right ...never my best subject.

In the horizontal (landscape) position it is much worse, the gray borders are HUGE!

Also, there is no way to refresh a page, the refresh icon is missing.

How can this be fixed?

0 Likes