Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging

(Topic created on: 31-08-2023 02:47 PM)
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I bought a Galaxy Tab A8 at the end of July from Argos, I'm just over the 30 day return/refund period so I'm not sure I can take it back. 

I'm having charging issues. Today I went to charge it, went back 2 hours later and it was still stuck on 39%. I swapped the charger over and it was charging but going down instead of up. I compared it with my old Tab A7 and it charged much quicker than the A8. 

Argos monthly care I took out doesn't look like it covers the tablet until its warranty has run out with Samsung. I've been trying to book a repair with Samsung but it's asking for an imei which it doesn't have. 

Any advice please? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
It should have a IMEI number for your sim(s)cards for it to run.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @AmberLouise , I'm guessing you have the Wi-Fi-only rather than LTE Tab A8. (Wi-Fi-only ones won't have an IMEI.)

Can you let us know some more info about how you're charging your tablet? For example, are you using an official Samsung cable and charger? Charging from a wall socket or computer? Was it charging fine previously?

0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Yeah WiFi only.

I'm using Samsung chargers etc and wall socket. It was playing up a few weeks ago but I gave it a chance to see it it was just a one off. I had issues the other night charging then when I went to charge it today.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Your best bet would probably be to call samsung. They might ask for a serial number which will be in settings and about. I have never been through the process of booking online so I couldn't comment but when my phone had a fault a few years ago I just phoned them. They sent me a bag and off it went for repair.
AndrewL
Options

@AmberLouise: Do you have access to a home computer? If so, can you try connecting the tablet to your computer via USB to see if you notice an improvement in the charge rate? This will help to determine if there a possible issue with the plug adapter. Furthermore, please try powering off the tablet (press and hold the Side key, and select 'Power off' from the menu that appears on screen), then connect to your charger to see if this helps. 

If the problem persists with multiple chargers and cables, then please get in touch with our Support Team by heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and an advisor will be able to provide further support, and arrange an inspection if needed. 

AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the advice guys! I took it back to Argos and they replaced it 🙂