Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change email file names

(Topic created on: 11-11-2023 10:37 AM)
mollymum
First Poster
Options
How do I change email file names or delete files?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
NewJayqwe2
Apprentice
Options
Can try via download folder in "my files" app?
0 Likes
mollymum
First Poster
Options
Sorry don't know what you mean. Why is is not simple an option to change name. It's bad enough no paperwork to follow, just expected to know
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Really sorry but your question isn't clear which may explain why members are not responding?
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If I am understanding your question, to delete attachments you have saved, go to Files, Downloads and select the item to delete. Press delete.
Note that it will likely do into a recycle bin for 30 days in case you change your mind and wish to restore.
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To change the name of a file or download, go to File, downloads then find the item you wish to amend, press and hold so you'll get a dot in the top left of the item. Click on the 3 dots. Select rename. Change the name and save
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
mollymum
First Poster
Options
I have files in my email, I want to either delete the whole file or change the name. Eg emails to do with booking a cottage to stay in, I need to keep emails safe until after we've been then either delete or use for next time
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the emails are in your email client, I don't believe (unless anyone knows better) that you can change them until you save them to your device.

Happy to be corrected but I've never come across this as an option.
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
mollymum
First Poster
Options
It is email files I'm trying to change.
0 Likes
mollymum
First Poster
Options
Thank you. I thought on an older device I could do this, maybe not
0 Likes