Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot see charge percentage S pen

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 01:10 PM)
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I bought a Samsung S9 FE, nice tablet b.t.w.

But using the s-pen, i cannot see the charge level, no percentage is shown on the screen.

I followed several tips from youtube.

I'm on android 14 and UI 6.0

Anyone any suggestions?

Regards

Klaasjan

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

I don't have the reset option in the menu. Only the option searching S pen pro. I don't have the pro

0 Likes
Solution
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Well unless someone else with the FE model can confirm, I'd of thought this would of been an important feature to display.

You could ask for this to be added as a feature via feedback via the members app
0 Likes
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

Thank you, i will try the members app

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can you confirm if you have a non Bluetooth S Pen. If so, you won't have a charge.
0 Likes
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I have a S Pen which was in the orginal samsung box of the TAB S9 FE. 

On youtube i see solutions talking about the S Pen (not the pro).

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
From what I understand, the Tab S9 FE does not come with a Bluetooth enabled S Pen and therefore does not need a charge. To confirm this, can you go to your S Pen settings and see if air actions is not enabled.

Settings>Advanced features>S Pen

It should have a toggle and if you try to enable it, it will tell you if you have a Bluetooth enabled S Pen or not.
0 Likes
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for your answer

So all the information on the internet/youtube aims to third party S-Pen. Make sense, probably is charging with the standard samsung s-pen no issue so therefor no need to show charging percentage and resetting the s-pen.

I have only the option, when i toggle the air-actions to search and connect to the s-pen pro.

I cancel the search but the toggle stays on, strange 🙂

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
There a widget that shows the charge of anything connected Inc the S Pen. Just pinch the screen and go to widgets
0 Likes
Klaasjan
Pioneer
Options

I choose the battery widget, toggle the s pen, but no s-pen is shown in the widget. Very strange.  i cannot find on the samsung site if this is the standard behaviour of the s pen delivered with the S9 FE. I also asked Samsung about this, but no answer at this moment.

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Strange, I've attached a screen shot of my S9+ and the pen shows. It maybe the FE doesn't allow this feature. Strange...1709486021259.jpg
0 Likes