Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Galaxy Tab S9 abroad

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 03:41 PM)
dynl
Explorer
Options
Hey everyone, just wanna ask if it is better to buy the Tab S9 abroad or just get it from the country you live in?

I live in London but Im in Dubai at the moment and the Tab S9 here is cheaper. Is it worth buying it here and lose warranty or just purchase it in London?

Tab S9 Wifi in Dubai - More or less £540 with the tax refund.
Tab S9 Wifi in London - £611 with their current promotion + 10% student discount. 

11 REPLIES 11
keith30
Maestro
Options
You might have problems receiving your software updates if you did buy it in an other country.
0 Likes
DIABLOMAI
Pioneer
Options
I'd get it in London. If you do the math, then you can get it for about £550 in London. Which isn't much higher than in Dubai. Plus, the warranty period for tablets is 2 years, I'd say that's a good deal for £10 as it can come in handy very easily Screenshot_20240118_161021_Chrome_1000000791_1705594222.png
DIABLOMAI
Pioneer
Options
Personally, I had water damage on one of my phones. I had a warranty check, and it turned out my phone had a defect in the water seal. Samsung support just sent me a replacement phone, even though water damage isn't covered by normal warranty terms
0 Likes
dynl
Explorer
Options
How did you get it down to 550? I dont have any old tablets for trade in.
0 Likes
dynl
Explorer
Options
This is what I have in mind as well.
0 Likes
DIABLOMAI
Pioneer
Options
Isn't it £611 + an additional 10% student discount because of how you typed it, that's what I assumed.
0 Likes
dynl
Explorer
Options
Sorry what I meant was the total price would be £611 including the student discount.
0 Likes
DIABLOMAI
Pioneer
Options
Oh, ok. If you can afford it, I'd still recommend getting the tab in the country you live in. Makes life quite a bit easier in the long run.
dynl
Explorer
Options
Yeah thats what I thought. Nothing beats peace of mind lol.
0 Likes