Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Apps not working

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 11:41 AM)
PJ8
Student
Options

After an overnight update by Google, now the Google group of apps will open but when used the app just closes and the tablet goes back to the home screen. There is a box that pops up every time saying app has stopped working. I can access Google and outlook and other sites through the internet okay. I have tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling but the same thing happens.

(1)
35 REPLIES 35
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all!

I've merged a few of the threads covering this one.

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

To update Android System Webview

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

SuzC
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!!!  I was going crazy!  None of my games worked.  This fixed it!!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Very much appreciate everyone who has both reported this and helped advise on fixes. A pleasure to see this place working as a genuine community!

To keep stuff clear and coherent for you, and to better see and advise any issues with advised fixes you guys may have, we’ll close this thread and ask you to please check out and add to this thread here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/permanent-fix-for-app-crashes-available/td-p/3... 

Cheers. :smiling-face:

0 Likes