Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the 5G icon bigger and modern

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:39 PM)
AlHaj
Explorer
Options
The UK unlocked phones has tiny 5G status bar icon with in/out arrow indicator. My personal preference is that it looks outdated and it's tiny to see on a 6.9 inch display. 

I'm hoping the 5G status bar icon changes to be bigger and remove the in/out arrow indicators. 

I've included some screenshots below from American carrier phones with a better, bigger and more modern looking 5G icon. Let me know if it'll be a good and welcomed change!

My UK unlocked 5G icon
American 5G logo
American 5G logo

4 REPLIES 4
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@AlHaj,

Thanks for your suggestion! I've forwarded it to our development team 😉. Let's see if any changes can be made to the 5G icon! 😀

Trekker
Explorer
Options
If anything make it an option or add an option to change the size of the top row information. The 5G logo and positioning is the same size as the 4G. Don't see any value to change it and clutter up the top bar with a giant 5G logo. Just a personal preference.

Screenshot_20201122-121354_Call settings~2_3648.jpg

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
My personal gripe with the 5G logo is this one I don't understand what it's even for when it's displayed speed tests show the phone is using 4G not 5G so why is it showing?

Screenshot_20201122-134006_One UI Home_8451.jpg

0 Likes
AlHaj
Explorer
Options
transparent 5G icon means it's connected to 4G but it's telling you that the phone tower infrastructure you're connected to is capable of 5G.

Why is it not connecting to 5G? could be the distance, the phone will switch to 4G when it's a long distance. another reason is the 5G antenna is facing the other direction and not in sight with your direction.

A solid white 5G icon like mines means you're close enough to use 5G and the 5G antenna direction is facing near you. Solid white 5G is saying it's truly connected to 5G. hope I could help!

source: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/5g-icons/td-p/1249595