Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Feed as first page on One UI home

Replace Bixby Home with Google Feed on the first page of the One UI home or integrate Google Feed stories into Bixby home instead of UpDay

18 Comments
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

The Google feed was one of the biggest things I missed after updating from whatever OS version shipped with the S8. 

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

Seems like a good idea! 

branquinho
First Poster
Options

I agree. I Prefer google feed instead Bixby because bixby don't support the PT-PT Language.

Also, I read The news Provided by google feed in a clean view and in bixby don' t happen. look I like bixby and if it get google feed it will be amazing!

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks everyone for your support with this, it seems the new Samsung Daily is Samsung's interpretation of this so I am not hopeful that we will get this ..

But I'm sure most of you would settle of wee could have Google Feed & Updates along with other 3rd party apps intigrated with the new solution.

Please keep liking and commenting on the idea to convince Samsung Devs work with us on this:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Li4m79
Explorer
Options

I'm back to Nova launcher now, zero crashes since latest beta, I swipe right and there's my Google feed! Little bit of me wishes Google could implement some of the items Samsung has into their feed, Spotify, emails etc. Shame they just can't work together to get a cherry picked perfect solution

theWIZ
First Poster
Options

If Samsung Daily is to replace Bixby Home it is not looking promising, seemingly lacking even more features than the already weak Bixby Home.  

It would truly benefit users to embrace google discover and perhaps integrate samsung apps into the discover feed API rather than offer some half baked barely functional screen that 99% of users immediately turn off. 

We want access to quick info, news that isn't wrapped up in a terrible UpDay wrapper which offers very few sources to tailor to a users reading and news preference and then bombs us every two or so tenuous articles with a sponsored ad .... it's terrible and an utter waste of our phones resources and your own Development time when a vastly superior service already exists but your being too stubborn to just embrace it.

And can we talk of the other useless cards for services ? Useless cards for detritus like Giphy etc.  Give us Google  Now/ Discover and integrate Samsung Calendar and reminders into the Now / Discover feed. 

Pegasusxx19
First Poster
Options

Google feed is the best.

I tried to adapt to bixby ,but it's far from being personalized than Google's feed.

Google feed gives me many options of topics and  if to choose if want to see that topic more or not. It makes me updated with every topic i like in any category.

Google feed is the main reason I'm using lawnchair . But the reason I'm switching to one ui home is the computability with android 10 gesture navigation. 

It's so annoying that i don't have the google feed with android 10 gesture navigation. I'm thinking to switch to oneplus or pixel.

heorgame
Apprentice
Options

yes of course! samsung need more customizable launcher! i can't tolerate one ui launcher!