Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full screen gestures change

Please change full screen gestures. Currently I am unable to use menus in apps that require swiping from the left of the screen. Instead having the tap the burger menu icon.

It would make far more sense to have the swiping left or right of the screen to go back, only work on the bottom half of the screen, like xiaomi devices. So that you are still able to swipe from the top half of the screen to open menus in apps. Please change this it is critical to smooth operations.

5 Comments
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @Tjc2005,

Thanks for this suggestion and for sharing your opinion with us. We've already received a similar suggestion from other users. The suggestion was sent to our development team :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:. Unfortunately, we still do not know whether the suggested changes can be made. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :smiling-face::sun-with-face:

Tjc2005
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. Hopefully this gets fixed, surely if other devices can do it samsung can too.

BackDaws
Navigator
Options

Swipe diagonally down or up to open side menus. 

Works perfectly fine.

Tjc2005
Journeyman
Options

No, that has no bearing on what I was talking about in my OP.

BackDaws
Navigator
Options

Yes it does mate, to open sub menus you would usually swipe left to right but this now triggers the back response, to counter this instead of swiping directly across swipe slightly diagonally from any side and instead of performing the back gesture it will open the sub menu or hidden menu. Its very easy and works perfectly well.