Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Multitasking - bring it back

Fast Multitasking was available when using on screen buttons in Android 9.

With Android 10 beta and the new One UI, fast multitasking is not longer working with on screen buttons.

Please bring it back.  

*edit: for those that don't know what feature I mean, you could swipe left/right from the home icon to quickly scroll between open apps - quicker way of tapping to multitask icon and scrolling through the apps. 

8 Comments
Hallamski
Journeyman
Options

You can do this. When in an app slide across the very bottom of the screen to slide between apps. If it's not working on yours maybe it's a big or something try a restart and flush the cache?

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

As @Hallamski  Said this is possible when you have the new gestures as your Navigation option. As demonstrated belowScreen_Recording_20191028-230235_1.gif

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@hallamski are you using on screen navigation buttons, or are you using gestures? It works for me when using gestures, but not when using the buttons. 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

No idea how to tag on here 🤦‍♂️

It used to work with the on screen buttons, as well as the navigation gestures, on Android 9. 

Now it doesn't. Unless I'm missing an option? 

Hallamski
Journeyman
Options

I see... Seems as if it's limited to the new gestures. Would be good to see it implemented in the nav bar though for the people who use that.

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Indeed. I used it often and miss it.

I'm still swiping the home button to the right then quickly doing it again before remembering it isnt there anymore 🤦‍♂️

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hello @ryamoo 

It seems that this option works with gestures only now (either swipe from bottom or from sides and bottom).

I will let the development team know about it! :winking-face:

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks - I think it helps with the switch to gestures. The fast switch gesture and the auto-hide gesture somebody else posted about both help me train my muscle memory for gestures.