Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed description of needed updates for gallery editor, SoundAlive and more!

0 Likes

There's no suggestion community for the US but I'd assume the phones are the same... Especially, since I have an international model. But my BIGGEST pet peeve of Samsung is CONSTANTLY fixing things things that aren't broken... This has almost made me consider loyalty to another brand.

The last few updates have included changes to the gallery app... But no helpful or useful changes. Pleaseeeeee add the ability to make presets in editor, like contrast, brightness, saturation, filters, etc set to a certain number, but instead of having to do this all manually you could just select the preset and be done. Also, the temperature adjustment tool is the worst of any app I've ever seen, no matter which way you go it doesn't look natural, like 1 makes it look yellow and -1 makes it look blue. Idk what photos y'all tested this on but it doesn't seem like you could have tested this AT ALL! Cause it's THAT bad. Also, please add the ability to auto-adjust each setting by themselves as well as the ability to do the all of them at once. And 99% of the time the auto adjust looked TERRIBLE!

On to the next issue, the SoundAlive equalizer. I absolutely LOVE that this is built into the phones. But after recent updates the quality has been absolute GARBAGE! Again, was this even tested?!?! Was it tested on multiple devices, playing different types of audio, at different levels.... There's just absolutely no possible way! Cause certain sounds are soooo distorted that they aren't even playable because it tries to add wayyyy too much bass. Now I'm not an expert by any means but it seems like it's high bass or possibly low mid range... It's definitely NOT the low, deep bass that I'm talking about though... But again, I'm no expert. I'd assume you'd have experts designing this stuff but I guess not. 🤷‍♀️ This and the camera are the 2 things that sold me on this phone when I got it. No it's not a super expensive phone but it was a lot more than previous models and that's why I spent a little more. Sadly, my 2 favorite features have now become just ehhhh, could definitely get something better for the same price point for sure. But I've tried to be loyal to Samsung as much as I could over the years... But man Google's starting to look better and better. Like the camera on this phone is great for the price point BUT only when shooting some things... As when you try to capture certain colors they are WAYYYY too over saturated... And I mean WAYYYY too over saturated! (Yes, I meant to say that twice... That's how bad it is!) It's so bad that no editor is going to be able to fix that. And then when taking any scenery photos, especially of a landscape, when it's super sunny out makes them look soooooooooo overly sharpened that they look fake and almost distorted. These 2 things are common in Samsung devices... Which is what's pushing me more and more towards Google for my next purchase.

Lastly, my next issue is not really a big one like the others but something I would like to see... Is the ability to move ALL apps capable of being put onto an SD card at once... This was a feature all phones use to have now for some reason it's gone. Whyyyyy?!?! You want your users to have to unnecessarily waste time??? This needs to be an option cause it's SUPER annoying having to sit there moving one app at a time when you literally have hundreds of apps (well definitely over a hundred anyways). Also, I love having the device care built in and being able to speed up my phone but there really needs to be an option to do a deep clean... Especially with soooooo many of the cleaner apps having spyware from other countries... Like that most popular one they removed from the play store awhile back.

What I don't understand is why a company that's literally making bank doesn't have insight into what people actually want... Like NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE wanted you to make the groups go from 4 per row to 3 per row... Now we're all use to it but it's STILL annoying... Being able to fit less on each page. And y'all didn't even leave us the option to keep it the same. I feel like you should be having us real life people who use your devices daily testing these changes... Shoot, I know I'd be 100% willing to test a device to provide feedback if I either got compensated (and I can promise you I'd do it for A LOTTTTTT less than the people you pay now) or to be able to keep the device. Obviously, these people you're having test these changes don't know anything about what changes people actually want and the ones we absolutely do NOT want.

And I want to finish by saying I'm not someone who wastes time writing reviews or making complaints... Simply because I don't have the time to. So the fact that I did means this is EXTREMELY important to me and I hope it's speaking for some of the people out there that, like me, just don't have the time to post about these changes that need to be made. Sadly, I doubt y'all even review these posts... I guess we shall see. I really hope y'all do because what's the point if y'all don't... And also, it would show you don't really care about what your consumers want. 

1 Comment
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @alecia3220, For your first point, have you looked at the Expert RAW app from Samsung? It allows you to manually control the settings and also save them as presets.