Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Power management

I have seen a few suggestions to achieve better battery management so I thought we could pull together and help advise where this is possible. For me it's:

1. Close apps automatically if not used for say 15 minutes and CPU usage is above 50%

2. Force close app if it runs high processes for a period of time in the background

3. More vigorous Auto Brightness (like Huawei)

4. Apply the policy where apps can only access permissions when the app is in use (like the setting we have for  location)

5.  Ability to only allow certain background prcocess for apps (e.g. I want notifications to always be allowed but not connection listener)

6. Block/uninstall non compulsory system apps/processes.

Please feel free to suggest more,

This way we can get what we want by help Samsung achieve it 

8 Comments
rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

Make bixby routines learn the most used apps at specified period of time.. kill / hibernate apps not used for more than 5/10 minutes.

Optimise  the network / WiFi signal search. I believe this also affects battery.  

And give us innovation of graphene battery :smiling-face:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for your input @rajaamerkhan

Fingers crossed we get a load of good suggestions in here to get us the brilliant battery life we know our Samsung iss capable of

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

Good thinking.

Seeing those suggestions, they might need some time to be checked and possibly developed. 

It might not be possible to implement them during the Beta.

I  will wait for some time, so other users can share their ideas.

After that I will share the best ones to our development team, so they can analyze them and hopefully implement them in one of the updates! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

mun_96
Pioneer
Options

I think there should be an option to auto turn off data connection when you are connected to WiFi and when you get unconnected from a known WiFi network (such as when leaving workplace or home), WiFi automatically turns off and data turns on. Would be such a convenient feature and would save a lot of battery as well for those people who just continuously leave data on.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks as always @TomaszT , 

Hopefully we will get some great easy to implement changes.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@mun_96 

Thanks for your suggestions and adding to this thread, please also add a like to this topic to show support in getting the changes implemented

NewAge
Navigator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

@TomaszT 

I dont know what is used to display time,missed call,messages etc

But back in old Nokia days, they had something called sleeping screen to display all above as notifications 

But they use minimal pixels usings AMLOED screen technology 

Is it something possible for our screen? That will surely use next to no battery. 

See below images to see how it used to look. There are some more, i just cant paste it here. But i am sure this is good enough example to understandf6PBnxV.jpg

ckFRWfY_d.jpg

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed