Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better battery optimisation

Battery life on exynos versions wasnt great. Especially on the S10 and S10e. The S10 with a 3400 mAH should be doing more than 6 hours of sot on optimised. I can't get that much on medium power saving mode. Samsung please improve battery life with this update. 3400 is more than enough. Just look at the snapdragon versions with awesome battery life. I know it's mainly because of hardware but maybe it can be improved with efficienct software. So please make the battery life better for us with the exynos chipsets.

6 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Saaim_Malik 

Improved battery life is definitely one of the main aspects that our development team has in mind when releasing a new binary. So we will for sure work towards that goal! You can be sure of that :smiling-face:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

100% agree with this one, when I see the Snapdragon version of the same handset achieving double the amount of time on one charge.

I have to admit this Beta has improved the battery somewhat but still room for improvement.

Kei2
First Poster
Options

Same with me have the s10 plus and got the update yesterday.  Noticed the battery life was terrible. Did calibrate it and upon using it it after 10 to 15 mins and I'm already at 94%. My screen is at HD+ and brightness is quite low and I'm on night mode. Its shouldn't be draining this fast.

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Is that why my battery life has been so bad compared to reviews? It's an exynos device. 

Was getting around 3.5 to 4.5 hours of screen on time.

I deleted the Facebook app recently because that seemed power hungry - I think there was some improvement.

I updated to the beta Saturday night. 

I'm currently at 3 hours screen on time with 41% remaining so might hit 5 hours total.  

I've been using dark mode all day. I'm on wqhd+ but honestly makes little difference dropping to HD. 

aygz
Journeyman
Options

Battery drain too much during the all night (from 23.00 to 7.30 ) in standby mode . It has from 100% to 88% draining in standby. Normally there was 4% drain all night in the public firmware.

ArcaneNova18
First Poster
Options

@Kei2 putting the display on HD or FHD won't improve anything. Watch phonebuffalos video. This is a power management problem and software but I know for sure I'm never buying an exynos version of a samsung phone again lol. Note 9 is giving me 3.48 hrs only sot