Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option To Hide Icons On Notification Bar

Option to hide all permanent notification bar icons within the notification tray so that the bar is clean and empty until a new notification appears.

Drop down the quick panel in order to see time, wifi, battery, signal, bluetooth, etc instead of them all being visible on the notification bar permanently. Would also eradicate screen burn issues in that area. 

5 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: New

Hey @ETHAN0 

This is a very interesting proposal.

Additionally to helping with the burn-in issue, it would also make the screen appear bigger and the display would be cleaner.

I really like it! :winking-face:

Let me share it with the development team and see what they think about it!

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@TomaszT You are totally right! Gotta show off that incredible display with a clean and minimal UI! 

Hope this is implemented soon. Thanks for passing my suggestion along! 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Adding a like for this,

This functionality was available in android 9 using Good Lock with sub app QuickStar but would be got to see these options baked into One UI 2.0

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

That happens cor battery percentage - can be hidden but shows when swiping down the notification panel.

Would be cool to hide others too - I really don't like that alarm icon being there all the time for my recurring alarms that I know about.