Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Button Gesture

In the new android 10 gesture to go back where we swipe from the side of the screens, it would be great if there was an option to choose from which side we want the gesture on (left only / right only / both sides) along with the height at which this gesture works on the sides making it easier to use the side menus within most apps. 

Tags (2)
6 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Arshaa 

I get where you are coming from (Oh, how many times have I opened "Edge" screen when trying to just return to the previous view?).  I will let the development team know about it and maybe they will find some way of improving that!

Thanks!

Arshaa
Navigator
Options

@TomaszT 

May be there can be another small edge bar added to the side to trigger the back gesture alone. �

Too many cooks spoil the broth? 😂😂

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Arshaa 

Haha, that's definitely one of the solutions. But maybe too many Edge screens could cause some confusion :thinking-face:

But that is certainly something worth looking into! 

Thanks again! :fisted-hand:

ASPotter
First Poster
Options

I agree it would be great if you could limit this gesture to a section of the screen, as it currently makes it impossible to swipe into side menus (eg in Twitter) without going back!

Aaron8
Student
Options

Limit the gesture to the bottom quarter of the display would be better

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @TomaszT 

I myself would like to see the back gesture restricted to the bottom quarter of the phone or choice of side as stated previously on here ,using edge screen or any apps that use swipe from edge to open menus does become a bit of a pain