Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD under certain conditions

I think there should be an option for always on display to appear while charging.

I do this via tasker at the moment, but think it should be an option for everyone. 

7 Comments
MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @RobPerkins,

could you give me some more details? On my S9 Always on Display shows during charging without problems, if it's set to "Tap do display" or "Show always"... :thinking-face:

RobPerkins
Apprentice
Options

I don't think I was clear, I don't like having AOD on all the time. I only switch it on when the phone is charging.

That's the option I was suggesting... Show always, tap to show, show when charging. 

MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @RobPerkins,

thanks for the explanation! I'm not sure how much interest there would be in this kind of option :thinking-face: So let's see what others have to say about it!

S117
Journeyman
Options

I quite like this idea.  I also miss being able to schedule the edge AOD

UrbanBacklip
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20191222-021609_Routines.jpg

Hi @RobPerkins , you can already do this  just download Good Lock from the Galaxy Store, once you have installed the app, open it and press on family and download routines. From there you can enable this option. There are many more adjustments you can make with routines. AOD whilst charging is just one of them.

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I also agree, the option to keep AOD on when charging would be good, it also would be much better than need to download an extra app to enable it. It should be build into the OS. 

S117
Journeyman
Options

Agreed, this is something that could easily be an out of the box solution. I have used Smart Lock in the past and only found out about it because it was mentioned once in a YouTube video I was watching otherwise I would have likely never have known about it