Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart plug 2019

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 07:48 PM)
Raisedfist338
Apprentice
Options
Recently purchased the 2019 smart plugs,having not realised you need a Smart things hub to connect which are like rocking horse s@#t to buy in the UK. Can somebody please advise if their is any cheap alternative hubs that can connect to the smart plugs. Cheers
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
If you're just going to use one or two you'll be better off returning it and getting a WiFi one for a fraction of the price. If you're looking to go all out with smart home sensors and stuff I recommend Sonoff, you could buy the hub & a bunch of sensors for the same price as the Smartthings hub. I have both the smartthings hub and a sonoff one and performance wise there's not much difference. Add home assistant in to the mix and you can manage all your smart kit from one place and automate everything together instead of being tied to one manafacturers limited platform.
Raisedfist338
Apprentice
Options
Cheers will look into this, much appreciated for the advice
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Think Smart thing's devices are pretty much obsolete.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes