Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Home app login error

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 06:22 AM)
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Air Conditioning CAC app has totally stopped working on the S21 now.  It has never worked with the In Home option, and now no longer works with the Out Of Home option, stating that there is a "Samsung account already exists in account manager"

Now the Samsung Smart Home app that the AC manual recommends is also not working with the same error, "Samsung Account already exists in account manager"

I have reinstalled apps, checked all the settings, reconnected the wifi MIM-03 kit to my router, no improvement.  This has been down since the last Android update.  Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

30 REPLIES 30
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

Good luck with that mate, if you go down this route let us know how you get on.  I doubt you'll get anything, companies make old tech obsolete all the time and it will probably fall back on the local suppliers for providing a wifi kit that was near end of life.

0 Likes
Erik-NL
Journeyman
Options

Well it is a air-to-air heatpump. If such an product only is supported a few years - then it should not be on the EU market.

0 Likes
apkshut
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a fix? 

0 Likes
AT007
First Poster
Options

It is hard to trust Samsung's support.  They are only caring about the money from the customer, not the issue the customer is encountering.

0 Likes
gaasen
Journeyman
Options

As previously written here, I have given up on the Samsung App alltogether, and likewise my Samsung  heatpump will be my last Samsung heatpump. At the moment the App only work on older tablets/phones with Android version 11 and earlier.

That said, there is a way of accessing and controlling your Samsung heatpump remotely with an Android 12 device but you then need to use a browser on your phone/tablet (and not the faulty app). Likewise you can also access your heatpump via a browser on a PC aswell.

1) Simply goto https://www.samsungsmartappliance.com/

2) Log in with your Samsung credentials.

3) After clicking the loginscreen please be aware that there is a popup where you need to click your preferred language in order to proceed. PLEASE note that you might have to scroll down to find that popup if you are using the browser on your phone.

4) Most likely you will now get an error stating that 'This ID is not available'

5) Click ok on that error, and then proceed to login again. Remember to choose your language in the popup (scroll down to see this on your phone if required).

6) After the second login attempt you should now see your heatpump, and can control is just like you used to in the app.

I am not 100% sure if this work for everybody as I might be depending on how you setup the access to the heatpump initially.

In my case I was able to access the heatpump both from a PC and my Samsung S21+ on Android 12

Hope this is of help (as a workaround)

0 Likes
Richard_Sam
Journeyman
Options

Local Samsung center told me that I need to find the "MIMH04" kit. Apart from cost, I actually don't know if the kit will do the job properly (and if it will be easy to install).

Shame on Samsung that removes something you paid for.

gaasen
Journeyman
Options

firstly, I am definitely not taking the chance on purchasing any replacement equipment, as I do not trust that this will work. I dont even know how much that kit cost. Anyone know?

Secondly, after looking on the following link I believe that the kit specified is not up to the task. In the link the reviewer states that a technician spent 3 hours trying to get it to work without success. https://www.samsung.com/au/home-appliance-accessories/ac-acc-mimh04-mim-h04/

A second reviewer on the same link also claim that the kit only allow you to turn the device on or off, and not change the temperature. Honestly, this sounds substandard to me!!

Also, I detest that I would have to pay to get this working all the time it is Samsungs fault that they do not keep their apps backwards compatible. If Samsung gave me that kit for free, then I would give it a go fitting this myself.

So for me, I will access the heatpump through the App on my older devices, or alternatively through a browser as described above.

0 Likes
SteveM497
Explorer
Options

UPDATE: I've been advised by our AC installer that Samsung have agreed to install the 04 wifi kit free of charge and are awaiting supplies into Australia. 

That was a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. 

The customer service from Samsung has been really poor and no one from the company has contacted me or commented on this thread in their own forum. Really poor form Samsung. 

SteveM497
Explorer
Options

The MIMH04 kit is $350-$400 on eBay and other online suppliers. The only review on the Samsung forum suggests it wasn't easy to install and didn't work for that person. 

But the MIMH04 does seem to be the latest wifi kit that Samsung are supporting so should work

0 Likes
gaasen
Journeyman
Options

I do hope that you get this installed free of cost, and that it indeed does work for you.

All the best!!

0 Likes