Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in difficulties.

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 11:32 AM)
Smithy17
Explorer
Options
Hi,I received my new S21 on Friday 29/01/21. Previously when I have upgraded my phone and traded my old device I have found return packaging and detailed instructions on how to return my trade in old phone.This time there was nothing other than the packaging note,I am concerned in case I am billed for the trade in value of my old phone. I thought I might have had email instructions at least, But to date  01/02/21 I have heard nothing. 
I have tried to navigate Samsung website but can't find the info I require. 
Can anyone please help me ?
Regards 
George 
0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44
DanielJLMiller
Pathfinder
Options

I pressume its coming in the post. I am yet to receive any details aswell.

0 Likes
LHackworth
Student
Options
Same here x
0 Likes
Mallo72
Apprentice
Options
I had a returns package the day after it was delivered saying what to do. I've gone and paid the additional insurance. Apparently you don't have to return the charging brick as the new phones dont come with them.
0 Likes
Smithy17
Explorer
Options
Thank you to all who have replied to my post,Hopefully I might receive instructions this week.
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
I had similar issues, kept on getting emails to say if the old phone does not arrive by a current date they will charge the trade in value to my Card. All it took was an email to Samsung and they sent the return pack and marked the delay on the account. Also if the trade in value is over what the normal(free) post then I would highly recommend paying for the next day delivery as you are covered by insurance in case the phone gets lost?
0 Likes
DanielJLMiller
Pathfinder
Options

Ive not had any emails yet regarding it. My phone came Thursday.

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
this attached email shows an email response I received on the day of receipt.

Screenshot_20210201-124501_Email_4643.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Smithy17
Explorer
Options
I have emailed Samsung support a few minutes ago,Hopefully they will provide the info required. I have traded in my phones on numerous occasions and never had such a lack of info before, Perhaps the ongoing Corona Virus pandemic is affecting staff levels at Samsung customer support. Will update if I get any new info.
GavS
Journeyman
Options
Weirdly me and my partner both ordered the s21 at the same time, both received at the same time, yet I received my returns label/packaging on Friday, and my.other half is still waiting on there's as of today. Rang samsung and got no where.
0 Likes