Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-in bait and switch

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Gabbyo
First Poster
Options

I had a minor screen issue so I called Samsung to find out if I was still under manufacturer's warranty. The representative asked for my IMEI and when I gave it to him he said that I was not covered by warranty anymore but my phone had a trade-in value of $450 and asked if I wanted to upgrade. I agreed. I wiped my phone and sent it in, fast forward a few days and I get a notice saying that I'm being billed an additional $150 because my phone wasnt the model that was entered by the representative. I tried to explain that the employee made an error and I shouldn't be penalized for it. The response from Samsung's Tier 3 Escalations representative was basically: yes there was a pricing discrepancy, oh well you still owe us $150. Horrible customer service experience. Every communication was an attempt to blame me. Initially I gave them the benefit of the doubt assuming they'd do the right thing, but after reading posts on this forum I realize that this is a purposeful tactic used to upsell new phones by using fake trade-in values. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @Gabbyo , Doesn't sound like a great experience, I agree. I noticed that you used the dollar sign in your post. Which country are you based in? 

0 Likes
Gabbyo
First Poster
Options

I'm in the U.S.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks! The team that support this Samsung Community are based in the UK, and don't have access to other country's Samsung systems to look into what happened on the Samsung US side of things for this one to see if there's anything we can do. If you haven't done so already you could also share your experience and/or try reaching out to the staff on the Samsung US Community: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us?page=1&tab=recent_topics 

(Of course, you're always welcome here too!)

0 Likes