Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in = absolute joke

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 02:09 PM)
Ayrin
Apprentice
Options
So I ordered the new galaxy s 22 ultra with trade in, first I was told I will be sent a trade in kit where I can put and send my old device, I was waiting for a week until I received an email saying I have 7days to send my old device and I won't get a trade in kit, just to send it in a blue bag fair enough. I have sent my old device as soon as I could so that was few days ago, just to receive a message on my new phone that my phone will be locked in 24 hours because I haven't sent my old device even though I did?!?! And then I needed to call the trade in team, they told me they got the old device today, I received an email today confirming they got my old device and I was told my phone will still get locked from 3 to 5 days even tho I did everything from my part. Its an absolute disgrace for a huge company like Samsung not to sort their things out. I tried calling and live chat just to be ignored and left on read. One thing I know for sure I will never buy Samsung again after all this struggle just to get a new phone...........
7 REPLIES 7
SRS76
Navigator
Options
From this article looks like the Trade in is having bad problematic time in UK if that were your from.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-blocks-galaxy-s22-due-to-failed-trade-in-procedure-in-the-uk/
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
So exactly the same as last year then - pathetic!
Ayrin
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I'm from the UK. Has anything like this happened to you? I don't know if my phone will get unlocked by itself at this time frame 3 to 5 days or I need to contact someone again from the support who are I don't wanna sound rude so I'm just gonna say useless.
Jamesyjam
Journeyman
Options
I'm going through the same thing, I have emailed the address on the message and got a reply this morning asking for my order number. They did confirm they'd received the phone but hadn't checked yet. I asked how they can justify locking my phone as they themselves have confirmed that they have it but haven't checked it. I haven't had a response to that but the message has disappeared this afternoon so not sure what to think at this point.
Ayrin
Apprentice
Options
That's good news it might be that they won't lock your phone, we'll hopefully
Jamesyjam
Journeyman
Options
Yes fingers crossed! Fingers crossed for us all to be honest! It would be sensible for them to postpone any suspensions and charges until they clear their backlog
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung Uk did and always will suck