Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 returns period -UK

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 01:25 PM)
Damo81
Explorer
Options
In the UK I believe you have 21 days from receiving your phone to send it back.

I received my s22 ultra on 21st Feb and returned it on 28th Feb for an exchange due to it being faulty. 

My new replacement device is due to arrive in the next couple of days. My question is, does the 21 day period run from receiving my very first s22 ultra on the 21st Feb, or does the 21 days start again when I receive the new (and hopefully not faulty) device in the next couple of days? 

I'm just concerned that if there are any issues with this one, I don't want the battle of trying to return it. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Members_T3Y8Ea3
Student
Options

Hi, sorry I can't help with the question posed. However I too had to return my S22 as it was defective also. Do you know how long after they received your device you got an email to say they had it as I've had nothing. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I understand things the return period is 21 days from tbe delivery of the first phone @Damo81 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I believe if I remember correctly. No it doesn't start again.
The 21 days won't have anything to do with warranty etc.
It's a cooling off period that you get with a purchase online.
As you cannot see and try the phone like you can in a shop.

Any issues with the device would come under the warranty if its covered by the terms and conditions.

Hopefully someone can confirm this, but I remember a question about this before
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Never return for a replacement! Always go for the refund and then place a whole new order once you have received your refund.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Damo81
Explorer
Options
I didn't get an email unfortunately. The live chat told me the warehouse hadn't received it even though I had confirmation from dpd that it had arrived. I phoned customer services after this who advised that they did indeed have it. But no, no email confirmation from samsung.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The only caveat would be that once Samsung received the phone back to their Returns Department and assessed it can then take 7 to 10 working days to receive a refund.

Which is fine if your willing to wait for the funds if disposable income isn't available to raise a new order straight away.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_T3Y8Ea3
Student
Options

Thanks for this. Did you get an email afterward saying it had been sent out? As mine got delivered to them on the 24th of Feb and they keep telling be to wait for the email, even though the said it would be 7 to 10 days.

Damo81
Explorer
Options
It also takes 7 to 10 days to send out a replacement, so if disposable income is an issue, you will end up waiting a while either way.

Thanks for your help though. Appreciate it.
0 Likes
Damo81
Explorer
Options
I got told 7 to 10 days too and to wait for the email. However customer services told me I had a device allocated to me and that shipment had been requested. Said I would have it by this Friday.

Just noticed today that the order has moved from processing to preparing dispatch so hoping it will be here by Friday. But same as you, no email confirmation.
0 Likes