Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung and DPD messing me about

(Topic created on: a week ago)
Sheeraz119919
First Poster
Options
So ordered a phone directly from Samsung.
 DPD try to deliver the phone but say i need a pin to receive the delivery
 No pin via email or text.

Chap calls his office, says Samsung havent given permission for DPD to send me texts or emails?

Ring Samsung, get hung up on by a rude lady.
 Ring them back they have never heard of this and say go back to DPD....
 Go back to DPD, nope not us its Samsung...

Anyone been in a similar situation?
 Raised a complaint but no response
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
From looking into this further, I see that there have been posts from other brands stating that if you don't get the PIN the driver has the facility to resend it.

You could try DPD app to see if it pulls through there.

I don't see how DPD system is impacted by how Samsung place your order - sounds like complete nonsense on DPD part tbh.

Hope you find a resolution soon.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Must be DPD faults, I've never had to use a pin to receive my package from the courier, they must have just started that as Samsung never give you one. Iv'e read a few posts on here concerning that problem with the package going missing between Samsung and the courier which leaves you out of pocket.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The PIN would be generated by DPD.
I use the DPD app, but they should send you an email I think if I remember.
My details are registered with DPD and I got a text as well
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
When I have ordered something from Samsung of high value DPD will always send me an email on the day of delivery confirming it will be delivered today, the 1 hour slot it will be delivered, the name of the driver and the pin you need. Did you get an email from them? Do they have your email address? Have you checked your spam folder?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can ask dpd to deliver to your local post office and you will receive a pickup code which then you can collect with your ID at the post office.
0 Likes
Sheeraz119919
First Poster
Options
No update chap tried to resend the code whilst he was there nothing! He rang head office again who said Samsung need to resend my details again to them as the systems arent communicating and Samsung once again have told me to go back to DPD so just stuck in limbo
0 Likes