Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing unpack event 2024 codes, breach of advertising rules?

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 10:18 PM)
takl
Pioneer
Options
Are people still missing unpack pre register offer codes?

Here's what I registered for, for reference, still not got codes and contacted Samsung 3 times still no code.
Advising rule, CAP code:

Extract of complaint to Samsung:

ASA (https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html) link to report Samsung in case you feel they are in breach of the advertising code.

PS:48 hours deadline was 20-Jan-2024@21:43 GMT. 

Free watch offer ends 25-Jan-2024, deliberate delay in sending unpack offer code until after this offer ends (if at all)?

23 REPLIES 23
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I have also raised this via the chat and have been told to look out for an email.... I didn't receive my code. I managed to use someone else's code, but the screen protector and case was not added...

Thanks for sharing the image of the offer as I couldn't find the wording again. Doesn't appear to be anything to suggest it was a limit amount being offered or subject to availability
0 Likes
takl
Pioneer
Options
I think the free screen and case was not on offer 11 days before event but 100% £50 was on offer to the last minute
0 Likes
takl
Pioneer
Options
Also the free watch offer ends 25-Jan-2024 so possible Samsung won't give the pre registration code (if at all) until after free watch offer has ended intentionallySmartSelect_20240120_222721_Samsung Shop_1000011780_1705789641.jpg
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

There have been various offers in the pre-registration and pre-order of the S24 Series.

To answer the question of whether the failure to receive an email is a breach of The Advertising Code, potentially is the likely answer but impossible to prove. Why?

1. Samsung will easily demonstrate that hundreds of thousands or even millions took advantage of the offer so it must have been available.
2. How can you "prove" you didn't receive the email?
3. How can you "prove" you checked your junk folder.
4. What's to say your email provider didn't fail to deliver?
5. How can you prove you actually registered?

The list goes on.

I'm not suggesting for one second you didn't register through pre-order or anything else for that matter, I'm just indicating how unlikely any complaint to the ASA would stand up.

Please don't shoot the messenger.
takl
Pioneer
Options
Its not up me to gather the evidence it's my duty as a honest person to report to ASA what I think is wrong. The ASA will either investigate or not but my conscience is clean as I done best for the people who registered for an offer they didn't receive. Also Samsung would have to prove they sent me the code. Should be in their sent box easy.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You must do what you think is right.

I'm simply saying (with my legal hat on) the likely outcome.

Samsung are sending millions of emails and dealing with a far higher volume of queries so it is reasonable to expect delays. Courts would recognise that and the ASA are, realistically, unlikely to investigate as Samsung would easily demonstrate the many thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of customers who took advantage of the offers.

I hope your complaint to the ASA brings you peace.
0 Likes
takl
Pioneer
Options
Samsung should have a audit log of who's registered and who they sent code to I would have thought.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've shared my thoughts and I also said "Please don't shoot the messenger".

You must do what you think is best but in reality I genuinely suspect you are wasting your time.

I wish you luck
takl
Pioneer
Options
If we all think it's a waste of time that's how companies stop following rules. Not sure how VW got found out maybe started with one person reporting.
0 Likes