Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Samsung Upgrade + ?

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 12:58 PM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been in the Upgrade + programme since my Note 10 plus, upgraded after a year to Note 20 Ultra and got a S20 5G for my wife as well. So far we're both happy with the programme and it's time to upgrade my wife's S20 5G any day now, and mine a month later.

Checked the Samsung store and saw this notice;

"Vi ser löpande över våra Upgrade+ och Trade-in erbjudanden och har beslutat att tillfälligt pausa dessa på Samsung hemsida. Vi har i dagsläget inget fastställt datum för när vi öppnar upp för liknande erbjudanden igen." 

And yes indeed, Samsung Upgrade + is removed as a purchase option, just now Klarna and direct pay as options. 

This makes me really worried, has Samsung decided to silently kill the programme by not adding new customers? 

Will this mean that they will try to get rid of us existing customers too by not offering all the latest but just one device? 

This apparently was the case for the last updated Upgrade + website I could find offering only S215G och S21 Ultra... No mention of Note, Z Flip or Z Fold devices whatsoever... 😞 😞😓😩

Anyone with more info on this?

124 REPLIES 124
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm curious; what is the price for Fold 2 Vs Note 20 Ultra in upgrade?
0 Likes
Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

The Note 2 was 10199 dkk and the Fold2 says 15799 dkk

I don't know how they calculate the monthly price if i upgraded

Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The formula goes like this (according to the loan agreement terms in Sweden): (0.75 * list Price) /24 and then you add Samsung care price /24, that gives you the total monthly upgrade cost... at least it was like this when I signed for Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Okay I just got a reply from support that they hadn't yet solved my login problem (it's been a month in a couple of days). I also got information about Fold 3 which makes me both a little sad and angry;

"De nya modellerna som precis har lanserats finns inte tillgängliga via upgrade+ portalen först förens efter första utskicksdatum vilket är angivet till den 27/8 just nu. 

Sedan kan det ta någon tid extra efter det datum tills dom når portalen per helhet. "

In english; The new models will not be available in Upgrade+ Lounge until after the first day of official sale start, which is set to 27/8 currently. It can also take some extra time after that date before the lounge is updated completely".

Which means that we, the loyal upgrade customers, are excluded from any pre-booking deals or offers. That really sucks. I feel badly treated by this. 

Add to that that they haven't been able to fix my login problem for almost a month. It's like they don't want me as a paying customer anymore...

0 Likes
EmranMJ
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. I bought my Note20 Ultra last year in August. And now it's time for me to upgrade to a new phone. I want to "upgrade" to something as good as my current phone if not better. That would be the S21Ultra or even the Z Fold 3. But I can't see the option so far. 
By the way does anyone know how I can see if my device if eligible or not? They say log into you Samsung account but I can't really find it there. Let me know if you know. 

0 Likes
Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

I've been trying to get an answer from the support in the last couple of weeks, been calling and writing - but no one has been able to help me, or tell me who i should talk to. 
They tell me that the Galaxy Fold 3 should be available after launch (but they didn't know), and as far as i can see - it is not available yet.

Last year i was able to write an email to samsung for my questions, with hope that it would reach the right people, but Samsung has (at least in Denmark) removed all support-options other than chat and call-in, which both has been tried to no avail.

I can see there is a Nordic Community Manager on this forum, i'm not sure what this persons role at Samsung is, but taking a long shot and will try to tag her in this message:

@ElinH - is this something you can help with? I'm at the point at giving up and just cancelling the Upgrade+ subscription - if you or Samsung could just give us some information about the Upgrade+ programme, and what is going to happen with it; if you're not going to support it anyway, it would be easier for me to just cancel it and buy the phone - but i would need to know!

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Nielfink 😀 

I have sent a request to get more details on what is going on with Upgrade+. Will give you an update as soon as I get more information!

// ElinH
Gluecifer
Apprentice
Options

Same here, I cant upgrade either. Been in contact with support three times, no solutions and no feedback. I can chose a phone but I cant get past the "Samsung care page". It just gets stuck there and I cant finish my order. Thinking about cancel the service and get a phone from someone else. Why pay for something that I cant use?

Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So, did you get any more info? @ElinH 

I can tell you that there is a lot of quite worrisome experiences about Upgrade plus lately, both here and in other forums; https://swedroid.se/forum/threads/samsung-upgrade-uppgradera-telefon-var-12-e-manad.171779/ (look at the end of that thread and it's quite depressing to read).

My login problems has not been solved in over a month, and not a single explanation.

Thing is, I had two Upgrade Subscriptions; one for my self and one for my wife. Both are not working. My wife's phone is the one I tried to login for upgrading for over a month. My own Note 20 is also due for upgrade, I can log in, select a phone (even if almost everything is sold out/out of stock 😞 !!!!), and after validating my current phone in a good condition I try to upgrade, the page refreshes and my basket is empty. It is totally impossible to actually upgrade.

I called supoort ad they were like, yeah, this we haven't seen before. We will get back to you on email.

They said the same for my other upgrade too. I don't feel happy at all.

I've already decided to cancel one of my Upgrade subscriptions - ordered a Fold3 from Telenor instead. My wife wants to stay with Upgrade+, but since it doesn't work and I don't get any help we will probably leave Upgrade+ both of us...

I'm so frustrated, angry and sad about this. Even lost motivation to be active here at Members. What's the point? It just goes one way. 😞

0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The lack of customer care is very disappointing. We're probably some of Samsung's most loyal customers, still we get no help when we try to upgrade. If they really cared they would've solved it, sent out new upgrades and then solved the technical issues afterwards.