Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung using Qualcomm for future generations?

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 11:24 PM)
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
I heard somewhere a few days ago, that Samsung is going to be using the Qualcomm chipsets in there new Europeon/rest of world flagships, I.E the s23 ultra. Obviously the US has always had Qualcomm, which has always annoyed me as they seem to be better in every way, compared to Exynos chipsets.

Just wondering if this is true?
Would also like to know your thoughts on which chipsets you think is better.
5 REPLIES 5
EtherealWolf
Journeyman
Options
It's not true sadly from what I've heard.. Samsung electronics wants to use the exynos chips and it sucks! The fold phones have snapdragon chips though for Europe and UK :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Yeah I know the folds have Snapdragon, but I don't want a fold 🤣 inferior camera, don't like how thick it is, or the screen aspect ratio, and do not need a tablet on the go, as I have a tablet at home and don't use it anyway, plus it's a plastic screen, so it's really annoying, would love a Snapdragon Samsung... Might have to move to pixel with the tensor in future, hopefully their optimization will one day be as good as apple
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There was earlier speculation that Samsung would use  Qualcomm chipsets for the S23 globally, however recent reports suggest this will not be the case in Europe.   https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-bosses-apparently-want-galaxy-s23-use-exynos-2300-chip/ 

pros and cons of Exynos v Snapdragon here https://provscons.com/why-samsung-uses-different-processors/   personally think that whilst Snapdragon is  superior the difference is less marked with the latest processors,benchmark Tests do not always  reflect real life usage.  I have found the Exynos fine for my personal needs,though some may have different experiences.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Thekidman96  said " Would also like to know your thoughts on which chipsets you think is better. "

I like others have owned both Snapdragon and Exynos versions of phone's.

I had a Samsung Note²⁰ Ultra from Samsung UK and one I imported from Hong Kong into the UK.

I found the optimisation better so the battery lasted a couple of hours more.

The rest felt pretty much the same.

You could tell the difference with optimising and it felt smoother.

Kind of like night and day effect in handling.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Iv'e heard some S23 devices are still going to be using Exynos in some countries. Best to wait till it's released before making a decision if your planning on buying any.