Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung expanding batteries.

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 10:15 PM)
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
What's people's thought on the recent news on expanding Samsung batteries in older devices? (Not too old either).

If you don't know what I'm talking about, youtubers Samsung batteries have expanded and popped the back of most of the phones, but no other Android or iPhone battery has done this in there inventory.
Check YouTube channels 
Mr whose the boss
MKBHD
And others I just forgot who has posted them.
Again, I'm just getting your thoughts, this alone makes me want to move over to pixel on my next upgrade, and the fact they have a tensor chip which will hopefully (one day) rival apples software to hardware optimization.
Thanks
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is a thread on the forum that was created a few months ago about this news / YouTube Creators raised.

Here > https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/are-samsung-phones-blowing-up. 

I have a Samsung Fold³ as a back up phone and occasionally I remove it from the retail box and pop it on charge to keep the battery cells moving through charging.

Samsung take any battery related issues very seriously with Samsung also introducing the battery check after the Samsung Note⁷ recall.

I appreciate people may have phone's that pre date this particular model.

Anyone with an older phone , not just a Samsung model , I would suggest to a reasonable eye on with inspecting the housing etc and if possible keep it charged.

Battery technology has come on leaps and bounds to improve safety.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
This is old news
0 Likes