Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s23 ultra no signal/ network issues

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 08:20 AM)
Malin82
Student
Options

the phone is malfunctioning. as soon as it doesn't have wifi, it has a very poor signal and network if anything at all. Was in the middle of a big city in need of Gps but it couldn't be relied on as the network was lagging.. I read everywhere on the net about people having the same experiences but nothing seems to be happening to solve this and I don't get a response to the support case either. very bad as this is a relatively new and very expensive mobile.

22 REPLIES 22
vvvall
Explorer
Options

same problem with my s23 ultra, no update from Samsung to fix this problem as the phone is very expensive. Well done Samsung I won't get another Samsung ever.

Daniel-M
Options

Hi @Jaroslav N!

No, we have no news regarding this problem. If you experience this problem, I recommend that you try what I wrote in the comment above.

/Daniel
0 Likes
Members_pqBMtfy
First Poster
Options

Your solution doesn't solve the problem Daniel. Many of us have this problem and have for some time now. Rather than telling us to do something that users have already said has no effect, why not ask Samsung what the problem is and either give us a solution that works or get Samsung to fix it in an update? I will be returning my phone for a full refund if they don't as the signal issue is ridiculous...phone is not fit for purpose. 

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi all,

We haven't got any new information regarding this, the feedback is forwarded internally.

Meanwhile, if you are experiencing any issues, contact our technical support and make an error report in the Members app: Samsung Members > Support > Error report.

/Emmi
0 Likes
Members_HHGXrDg
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue.. I have tried all the resets including a complete hard reset. Now today I have tried limiting the network to stop 5g and it is working much better at the moment at upto 4+g. Could it be the fact it is locking the network up looking for 5g?

0 Likes
PCH00N
First Poster
Options

I suspect that it is locking into 5g as you suggest. I've been having this problem for a while with my S23+. Rebooting the phone in situ always worked but was slow. Recently I've been going into Connections / Mobile Networks/ Network Mode and changing 5g autoconnect to 4g autoconnect / waiting for the connection then changing it back to 5g. It then connected for a while.

Today I took the phone into a Vodafone shop and the guy said that going to an eSim could fix the problem.

15 minutes later operating with the eSim and the problem reoccurred.

I just placed my wife's S20+next to mine on the table. Hers is set to 5g autoconnect and it's always fine. I set my S23+ to 5g and it loses network connection immediately.

Tomorrow I'll call Vodafone tech support because the phone is becoming unusable.

WAIKAO
First Poster
Options

I am following hoping there's a solution I'm experiencing the same

0 Likes
saints5354
Student
Options

Hi Samsung,

FYI, i having the problem too, poor network. It show i was connected to 5G but there is no internet, i then go into to "Mobile Network" in setting, toggle "Use 5G standalone network" on and off then the internet connection will back to normal.

But this problem will come back in a short while.

I had latest firmware on my phone, i had done reset network setting, clean sim card but the problem still there.

I believe when the phone switching between 5G and 4G, the problem occurred. Hope your next firmware update can look into it.

0 Likes
Network issue
First Poster
Options

The exact same issue i have 

0 Likes
Northwest1
First Poster
Options

My 1 year old S23 Ultra has been a disappointment from the very start.  Wished my old Note 8 was here.  Just got back from 10 days in Puerto Vallarta on vacation.  As soon as we landed I had no mobile network, no 6G, no 5G, no 4G, no nothing.  And with no mobile network, this means I had no phone, no texting, and no emails.  I was deaf, blind and dumb in Mexico.  Not able to call a taxi.  Not able to order an Uber ride.  The 3 other people I was vacationing with, all with android phones of 3 to 10 years old - ALL had 4G service and normal phones, texting, and email service!  Only my $1,500 new Galaxy S23 Ultra was screwing up.  Called my AT&T service carrier who had me install latest One UI 6.1 version, remove my sim card, switch to eSIM1, and worked with me for over 1 hour talking over my wife's 10year old galaxy phone trying to troubleshoot the problem of no network connection.  Even when switched to eSIM1 my phone connection could not be detected.  The last thing she wanted to try was resetting my phone back to factory settings remotely and loosing all my Wifi passwords and security settings.  I am so pissed off I ever bought this phone.  

The bottom line is the new super sophisticated S23 Ultra just couldn't communicate over 4G coverage yet everyone else's older phones had no problem.  Thank you very much Samsung!   Never leave home with it again - especially when vacationing in another country and you really need it.  

0 Likes