Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Re: A53 takes deformed pictures after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 20-05-2024 09:19 AM)
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Example: my cat looks like it was ran over by a road roller. 20231203_132527_1000013066_1701606331.jpg
175 REPLIES 175
Melpharun
First Poster
Options

If possible when one gets the 6.1 update to confirm that it actually fixes this issue

Thx

Emmi S
Big Cheese
Options

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier, the update with fix will be rolled out in batches, meaning you will not get it at the same time. This goes for updates in general as well. Please allow some days up to a week to pass, and let me know how it goes with the update once you got it 😊

/Emmi
0 Likes
BigDC
Explorer
Options

My device also worked perfectly with One UI 5.8.

So I was in the same boat as other people.

Software runs on hardware,  all I'm saying is that's a possible fix.

BigDC
Explorer
Options

Yes, I was aware of the low light issue when the 64 MP camera seemed to work OK. 

I took it out of the shop to the sunshine to test before I accepted it back.

I'm outside now,  not having any issues

Screenshot_20240517_125758_Gallery.jpg

Solution
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
I've just installed One Ui 6.1 update on Galaxy A53 and I can confirm that 64mp camera is finally usable again.
I'm glad that this issue is resolved, hope it will also work for others. But still, I think it was altogether poorly handled by Samsung, waiting for a software fix shouldn't take half a year.
BigDC
Explorer
Options

I'm curious. 

After I got my phone back,  the 64MP camera works but the phone is buggy and glitches and slow,  "camera failed" is a new error message,  videos are laggy, it just seems like a slow cumbersome beast.

Curious about 6.I 

0 Likes
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to hear that, it seems to me so far that phone runs smoother on 6.1, especially animations don't stutter any more. Hope it will fix lagging and glitching for you too.
Yordan86
Journeyman
Options

Update just came in Bulgaria, 64mp camera is fixed, finally good results.

0 Likes
Emmi S
Big Cheese
Options

I can agree, it has taken longer than anticipated and it has been postponed over again, but I'm pleased to hear you finally got the update and that the issue is fixed 🙌

/Emmi
Grammetje
Apprentice
Options

6.1 is now downloading on my phone A53 in NL, keep you posted!

0 Likes