Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Re: A53 takes deformed pictures after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 03-12-2023 01:47 PM)
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Example: my cat looks like it was ran over by a road roller. 20231203_132527_1000013066_1701606331.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
I've just installed One Ui 6.1 update on Galaxy A53 and I can confirm that 64mp camera is finally usable again.
I'm glad that this issue is resolved, hope it will also work for others. But still, I think it was altogether poorly handled by Samsung, waiting for a software fix shouldn't take half a year.

View solution in context

175 REPLIES 175
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
I wonder if anyone has also this problem. When in 64MP mode my Galaxy A53 takes horrendously deformed photos, like everything is squashed and part off the photo is cropped off. It never happened before One UI 6 update. I tried resetting camera app but it didn't help.
What is really strange, I had exactly the same issues with my previous phone (not Samsung) after each software update. 
Options

I am having the same issue after updating my phone to One UI 6.0. When taking pictures in 64MP mode the images look stretched and cropped but somehow appears as 64MP in the photo details. I have shot the same photo in 16MP and 64MP. In order to reduce file size I had to rescale the 64MP photo. Look at the mango tree. It is stretched in the 64MP photo. 16MP photo looks fine. 

1000100583.jpg

1000100586.jpg

abxrj
Student
Options

I am also facing the same issue since the update 😞 Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Elphie
Journeyman
Options

I've downloaded new update  and I also saw deformed pictures on 64 MP mode 😡

Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
It seems to fix itself after few weeks but I'm still hesitant to take pictures in full resolution because I don't know if maybe this one very nice shot will turn out to be squashed again...
Elphie
Journeyman
Options

I've also noticed that the App alter resolution as well. For example, I've just shot on 16 MP and when I saw the detail I've noticed it's only 10 MP🤦🏻‍.It varies at least on my phone

Sebastian Maier
Explorer
Options

Hi. 

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution for it? It's really frustrating.

Thank you. 

Sebastian 

Options

After trying to do everything I can, checking for software updates, updating camera app, nothing worked for me. I finally decided to downgrade my phone to the previous build whis is One UI 5.1 and turned off automatic updates when connected to WiFi. I downloaded the 7 GB firmware from the SamMobile website. I flashed it with Odin. I am not updating my phone to One UI 6.0 until the camera bug has been fixed. Sometimes some updates prevent the phone from downgrading. Luckily the One UI 6.0 update doesn't block downgrading to the previous build. 

GAJENDRA SINGH THAKU
First Poster
Options

Same problem here also after upgrading