Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor signal

(Topic created on: 15-03-2024 11:48 AM)
Gunnel
First Poster
Options

I work at a care facility and our staff carry sturdy XCover phones. The wifi reception is poor and sometimes not functioning at all. When I test the signal with my laptop or another phone it is good. Is it because XCovers are sturdy that the signal is so much worse? Are there any phones that are both sturdy and with good reception? Is there anything that can be done with the XCover phones to increase their reception like maybe remove some of the covering?

2 REPLIES 2
Ham0deh
Pioneer
Options
Hey there @Gunnel ! I've got a few solutions for you.

First, make sure your phone isn't covered by a thick case. That can mess with the signal.

Second, there's an option in the settings that can help boost your internet connection. Here's how to find it:

1. Go to your phone's settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Developer options." If you don't see this option, you'll need to activate it first. To do this, go to "Settings" > "About phone" > "Software information" and tap on the "Build number" seven times. Then, go back to the main settings menu and you should see "Developer options" at the bottom.
3. In the Developer options, scroll down a bit and you'll find the option "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging." Tap on it to enable it.

Hopefully, that helps improve your connection!

I'll post the steps with some images to help u follow them.1710513232162.jpg1710513232224.jpg
Madeleine L
Options

Hi Gunnel!

You can try to resetting your network settings.
You do this via Settings - General management - Reset - Reset network settings

When you do this, all Bluetooth and WiFi connections will be forgotten.
Then try connecting to the device again.

You can also submit an error report via the members app.

You can create an error report by searching for the Samsung Members icon in your phone and holding down your finger on the icon until the text Error reports appears and then press Error reports.

Keep in mind that in order to include as much information as possible in the error report, the error report should be created immediately after the problem occurred.

If it has been a while since the problem occurred, we recommend that you try to reproduce the problem and then create a new error report.

/Madeleine