Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not The End of The Line For Exynos

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 06:29 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst Snapdragon was used globally for the S23 series Samsung still working  on the next flagship chip the 2300.  

According to a report via IT  Home Samsung will use four efficiency cores and four performance cores alongside a Cortex-X3 super core running at 3.09GHz. The Cortex-A715 cores will clock in at 2.65GHz while the Cortex-A510 cores will run at 2.1GHz,  this assumes   there are no modifications  between the development and shipping of the chip.

Nothing official yet but this site claims to have the details, not clear at the moment in which devices this would be used.

More detail in this article https://www.pocket-lint.com/samsung-exynos-2300-leaks-with-claimed-cortex-x3-super-core-in-tow 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also remember Google Tensor is made by Samsung so that could be the reason as well.

Also my S21 ultra exynos is holding up pretty well after two years.

Yes I am not getting epic battery life like the S23 Ultra which has a newer chip and better optimisations.
It still last me day with all the bells and whistles.
Around 7 hours SOT which is more then enough for the average user.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@GoanGeek  yes, good point. A bit about the Tensor 3 here https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-mass-production-third-gen-4nm-node 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah so iv'e read this morning, still going to have the Exynos chip in some newer models in the future.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I personally wouldn't risk an exynos due to problems with S22. However I think a lot of the problems could be due to releasing the same phone model with 2 different chips which has got to be a recipe for gremlins in firmware and hardware? Kind of almost like trying to make a motherboard that will run AMD and INTEL? I have no doubt Samsung are more than capable of making chips, they have been making top end components for a long time, but hopefully they have learned from mistakes made on the S22U
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I agree, the snap dragon we have in the S23Ultra, it's hugely different. I am struggling to belive I could go back to the exynos

The battery is amazing, I'm not getting 4 days or anything like it, but not worrying about topping up if I want going out after work alone is super impressive

No need to remember to bring chargers or battery packs with you
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I think that it's a great change and an improvement for Galaxy smartphones 🙂 Can not complain. I do hope that exynos will continue to thrive for lower market segments 🙂 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

More word that samsung wants to use Exynos chips in flagships (some markets) again according to some articles.  Some speculation it could be confined to the S24 base model in Europe with Snapdragon on the bigger models but that is one line of thought, need to see.    A bit more detail here https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s24-exynos-variant- 

0 Likes