Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a warning email : Samsung account will soon be deleted

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 03:32 PM)
Shlok20
First Poster
Options

I got a warning email from Samsung saying I need to add my date of birth to the account which I have done. Yet I still keep getting emails:

Your Samsung account will soon be deleted
Dear customer,

This is the final notice of your account deletion.

We are sorry to see you go. In case you missed our prior requests to update your information to ensure we have accurate information about your age, you may do so by visiting the site below. Otherwise, your account will be deleted from our system within 7 days and you will not be able to use the Samsung services associated with this account anymore.

If you do not wish to keep your Samsung account, we recommend you back up your data in separate storage, get a refund (if needed), and take any necessary action before your account is deleted. Please contact customer support below if you need help managing your Samsung account information.

Thank you.

I don't want it deleted. My age set is well over the age limit the previous email was warning about the date of birth. Not sure what else I can do, I only have a few days left!
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Shlok20  if you have set your date of Birth should be ok, an error on their part.   However best to check and get this escalated. A few folk have had issues in the past.    it would be best to get in touch with the accounts team  on  0800 995 1079 .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Are you sure the email is legit? Did you check the email of the sender? Certain wordings seem a bit off. I wouldn't advise on clicking the link before verying the validity of the sender.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes it's always wise to check that any text or email requesting personal information is not a scam. A rul of thumb is to log into your account via a browser and never from links in texts or emails to avoid the risk of giving log in details and personal information to scammers