Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delete post option on the Web version of the Community

(Topic created on: 26-05-2023 02:30 PM)
Neo001
Legend
Options

The Web version of the Samsung Community does not have a delete post option, similar to the one available in the Members app. Would be nice to have it in the website version as well.

Screenshot_20230525_185015_Samsung Internet.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Thanks, I suppose, I missed it. But for some reason, I cannot view the post.

Get the following message-

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

PaulM1
Options

That's unusual, @Neo001. Have you tried loading this post by using an alternative web/mobile browser?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi Paul, In both Chrome and Samsung Internet, there is no delete option. 

Chrome:

Screenshot_20230526_143911_Chrome.jpg

Samsung Internet:

Screenshot_20230526_143707_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for providing the screenshots, @Neo001. I see exactly what you mean. Just for clarity, is the "Delete" option unavailable in every post/thread, or is it intermittent?

Furthermore, I appreciate that this is a bit of an unorthodox question, but is your IP address based in the UK or Ireland?

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

It's not available for every post. I am based in the Netherlands.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. Because the post @Fiona26 linked is not showing for you, I feel that while this particular Community is open to everyone, some of the newer features may be "region-specific." I'll get back to you once I know for sure.

Out of interest, with you being based in the Netherlands, are you able to see whether the "Delete" features are available in that specific Community?:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/nederlands/ct-p/nl?page=1&tab=setting:samsung.featured_topics

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi Paul, 

Delete option is not available in the web version of NL community either. I think it's the same server instances, just separated by country codes.

Delete option is available via the Members app. Too bad though, that the Members app restricts access based on the inserted SIM card.

Screenshot_20230526_212747_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230526_212846_Samsung Members.jpg

AntS
Options

Just to clarify for folks:

The link Fiona26 gave above is to the European Samsung Members Stars area, which anyone who isn’t a Members Star (or mod or manager) doesn’t have access to.

Neo001 is correct in their original post: deleting your own posts is only available to all users on the Members app version.

For the web version, only Samsung Members Stars (and mods and managers) can delete their own posts. Which is an ability that’s only just recently been added (and still being worked on apparently).  Back when there was only the web version, actual deletion of text content from here was very challenging from a technical point of view due to how it was all built and fit together. I’m guessing progress has been made on that front.